930 rhd - how many were originally built?

turboT

My recently purchased australian delivered 930 (1984) will arrive in a few weeks and I was wondering just how rare original RHD 930 are? + how many were originally delivered to Australia? I have read that only 74 pre 1978 rhd made it to to the UK, and on another forum less than a thousand 1978 - 1989 made it there. So with potentially a total of a thousand cars delivered into the biggest RHD market place over 14 years, what was delivered into Australia? 5% of this?, 10%? Does anyone know?

post-2108-0-65772300-1422518553_thumb.jp

Welcome Tom to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your new acquisition and hopefully seeing it in the flesh on our next drive. 

This thread may be of assistance to you:

Cheers

Steve

thanks steveF - interesting reading. 

Caledonian - 9.3% of what? with approximately 18,000 total 930 (gen2) made world wide and someone indicating less than a 1000 RHD made it to the UK are you saying there would be less than 100 originals in OZ?

Hi gax - yes well observed. Went there this week to see a German delivered Prussian blue 930 but when I rocked up there was also a silver Aussie delivered (the one I bought) and a gun metal grey one. It was as if I had been transported back to the 80's and was going to a Porsche showroom -"which colour would you like sir?" Totally lucked out as two of them had yet to hit the market (see notice on front window). Been looking for the last 6 months and think I got a great deal. Great colour combo of silver/dark blue. $45K worth of receipts over the last 15years, all the right original upgrades...and all for $105,000. Happy 

post-2108-0-83814700-1422568008_thumb.jp

Well I 100% fell for it. Will listen out more closely for piss takers next time.

Not intended to offend TurboT, just a bit of welcoming PFA banter. And possibly some slight envy of that bloody gorgeous car you have!

Jokeing aside, a 911 Turbo in silver is iconic (IMO)

We (I) would love to see some glamour shots of her when you get a chance.

Hi gax - yes well observed. Went there this week to see a German delivered Prussian blue 930 but when I rocked up there was also a silver Aussie delivered (the one I bought) and a gun metal grey one. It was as if I had been transported back to the 80's and was going to a Porsche showroom -"which colour would you like sir?" Totally lucked out as two of them had yet to hit the market (see notice on front window). Been looking for the last 6 months and think I got a great deal. Great colour combo of silver/dark blue. $45K worth of receipts over the last 15years, all the right original upgrades...and all for $105,000. Happy 

Right place, Right time hey, Bet you can't wait for delivery now.

Also a great price considering the 930 balloon is still inflating. Enjoy.....

It will take more than that caledonian - can give as good as i get, don't worry. Healey are doing some final touch ups and sticking it on a transporter in the next few weeks so finally then I will get to play for real. Agree - silver just looks so good

Archived