Lacking Porsche in video games? Here's why

Pauly

Nice to see it all in one page, (and with a 2015 date in the heading), but this has been going on for years without anybody even managing to find out how long the deal between Porsche and EA is..and whether it will ever expire. It seems bizzare to me that Porsche aren't fussed on whether they appear in games / sims, given how big the market is.

Some areas of the press and fellow divers have criticised the Bathurst 12 hour winning GTR team because it was piloted by 2 drivers that only got their seat by playing Gran Turismo on the Playstation. Good effort on their part, but proof that future petrol heads, and racers are likely to grow up playing console racers. Surely you'd want your brand represented?.  

Link to the 12 hour winners interview. http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/nissan-wins-the-bathurst-12-hour-with-gt-academy-drivers-behind-the-wheel/story-fnjwucvh-1227213081444

If only EA were to do another Porsche Unleashed. Would have to be one of the most realistic NFS games around in terms of car dynamics with the tech they had to play with at the time besides shift.

They've re-redone most wanted and hot pursuit, so it must be sitting on someones table somewhere as one of the ideas for their future titles.

Nice choice of car Simon ;)

I play Real Racing 3 on my tablet nearly every day. I have countless Porsches including the 919  and GT4 Cayman <<< this is awesome btw.

Pauly I do the Le Mans 24 Hour(just 10 laps) most sessions as it's my grind track, but it takes just under 30 minutes(under 28 is my best). I have done a 2:45 lap in the Audi e-Tron and a 2:48 in the 919

10733963_10204792250867660_7306822716039

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Pauly, very interesting to know.

Have to say I'm LOVING driving the Yellowbird in Assetto Corsa!

The Yellowbird is a beast hey Kerry!

Great article to get the licensing background.  I've been frustrated for years not seeing Porsche in any decent racing games.  If Porsche comes to GT7 I'd do a little dance haha.

The Yellowbird is a beast hey Kerry!

Great article to get the licensing background.  I've been frustrated for years not seeing Porsche in any decent racing games.  If Porsche comes to GT7 I'd do a little dance haha.

Having lapped the Ring in just over 4 minutes in a silly Vettel RedBull beast, I have to say its taking me quite a bit of getting used to, but I went under 9 minutes earlier this evening in the Yellowbird, which with full "reality settings" and a cranky H pattern stick, just goes to prove that Stefan Bellof was a MUCH better driver than me!

Just in case anyone was wondering....   LOL!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cyber, I was playing "Need For Speed The Run" the other day with my son's on PS3, I'd forgetten about the GT2 and GT3RS 4.0 in there. You can play them for most of the game once they are unlocked and they look and sound really impressive.

Cyber, I was playing "Need For Speed The Run" the other day with my son's on PS3, I'd forgetten about the GT2 and GT3RS 4.0 in there. You can play them for most of the game once they are unlocked and they look and sound really impressive.

993 GT2 and 997 GT3RS to be exact if I'm not mistaken

Archived