the 'Healey incident'

turboT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading this thread over the last few days and my thoughts are that you should be ringing the bloke tomorrow morning and discussing it all with him. Communication is key.

If one of my customers had less than satisfactory service I'd want to be the first to know, not the last after it has been posted all over the web. In fact I'd be pretty pissed off. Nothing sours a business relationship like telling everyone except those who should know. If you know what I mean. Not bagging you, just saying.

I saw your other post. hope you get it fixed soon so you can drive the wheels off it.

I've been reading this thread over the last few days and my thoughts are that you should be ringing the bloke tomorrow morning and discussing it all with him. Communication is key.

If one of my customers had less than satisfactory service I'd want to be the first to know, not the last after it has been posted all over the web. In fact I'd be pretty pissed off. Nothing sours a business relationship like telling everyone except those who should know. If you know what I mean. Not bagging you, just saying.

I saw your other post. hope you get it fixed soon so you can drive the wheels off it.

As soon as I know why the car died today you can be assured I will be in touch

I think a letter to the dealership principal may have been the best way to get your grievances off your chest. There's a mix of good and bad stories here and I dare say depended on the sales person they were dealing with at the time. These people come and go but are the front line when it comes to a dealership's reputation. I had a terrible experience with a factory dealership some years ago which got to the point where I contacted consumer affairs and VACC. They both advised I write a letter to the dealership principal explaining the problem and what I want rectified. The dealer principal was very apologetic, and immediately fixed the issues and compensated me for my costs. I don't know what the staffing structure is at The Healey Factory but generally you deal with a sales person who reports to a sales manager who reports to the owners. Most of the time, the owner has no idea what's going on on the showroom floor. If the owners don't know about your experience, I bet they sure as hell would like to know.

I think a letter to the dealership principal may have been the best way to get your grievances off your chest. There's a mix of good and bad stories here and I dare say depended on the sales person they were dealing with at the time. These people come and go but are the front line when it comes to a dealership's reputation. I had a terrible experience with a factory dealership some years ago which got to the point where I contacted consumer affairs and VACC. They both advised I write a letter to the dealership principal explaining the problem and what I want rectified. The dealer principal was very apologetic, and immediately fixed the issues and compensated me for my costs. I don't know what the staffing structure is at The Healey Factory but generally you deal with a sales person who reports to a sales manager who reports to the owners. Most of the time, the owner has no idea what's going on on the showroom floor. If the owners don't know about your experience, I bet they sure as hell would like to know.

I started with a email to the dealer yesterday, but yet to hear anything back. I don't know who owns the business but am not going to waste too much more time on complaining. The car is now with Autohaus (since it died on me yesterday)who have told me they will soon carry out a full and thorough inspection of the car and give their honest appraisal of what needs to be done. If it costs me more to get it right I might contact Healey again but to be honest i am more interested in developing a positive relationship with Autohaus so I can assure the future of the car rather than go back to someone who maybe knows less about Porsches.

If things get resolved well there is no harm in having it on the internet, because it can be a reference.

I had a good result from writing to bmw Australia and the local dealer principal a few years back. Though now when o go in there they treat me differently (like I'm on a 'list' of people to be extra nice to)...which didn't really want as an outcome.

I had a good result from writing to bmw Australia and the local dealer principal a few years back. Though now when o go in there they treat me differently (like I'm on a 'list' of people to be extra nice to)...which didn't really want as an outcome.

must be a tit man

I dont know any of you guys personally, but I'm with TurboT...he must do the right thing in whatever he does for a living and that is why his expectations were shattered! He has obviously trusted the person he dealt with and assumed all boxes would be ticked when carrying out a 100k plus transaction over the phone...when are people in any kind of business/job just going to take ownership of their roles, responsibilities and obligations? These public places to chat about an experience - good or bad exist, it is up to the business owner in this case to get their finger back on the pulse!!! In my business, i have very high expectations, therefore assume everybody else has too. Things go wrong everyday, but we work harder to ensure it is never the customers problem nor involve them in the problem. We prioritise delivering beyond expectation, thats what we are payed to do.

'RESPECT is NEVER GIVEN, it's only ever EARNT'

I dont know any of you guys personally, but I'm with TurboT...he must do the right thing in whatever he does for a living and that is why his expectations were shattered! He has obviously trusted the person he dealt with and assumed all boxes would be ticked when carrying out a 100k plus transaction over the phone...when are people in any kind of business/job just going to take ownership of their roles, responsibilities and obligations? These public places to chat about an experience - good or bad exist, it is up to the business owner in this case to get their finger back on the pulse!!! In my business, i have very high expectations, therefore assume everybody else has too. Things go wrong everyday, but we work harder to ensure it is never the customers problem nor involve them in the problem. We prioritise delivering beyond expectation, thats what we are payed to do.

'RESPECT is NEVER GIVEN, it's only ever EARNT'

Healey got back to me today as many of you suggested I should contact them.

I won't share as I think this has gone on long enough and this was never an exercise in bagging a company. Just a case of a customer who felt let down and wanted to vent. My broken 930 is now in the hands of the experts at Autohaus and I hope that sometime soon I will be able to enjoy driving it as much as that trip back from Melbourne last week.

Great to hear turboT that the car is getting sorted out now.  Once it's all running, this part will be a distant memory.

I just thought I'd add that I had great dealings with HF when I nearly bought that 964 Cab.. I won't rehash the story, but I was really impressed with how they handled my situation.  Total professionals!

Great to hear turboT that the car is getting sorted out now.  Once it's all running, this part will be a distant memory.

I just thought I'd add that I had great dealings with HF when I nearly bought that 964 Cab.. I won't rehash the story, but I was really impressed with how they handled my situation.  Total professionals!

Good to hear you have had a good experience, but HF have nothing on Autohaus. Nothing be excellent service and enthusiasm since I dropped the 930 off.

Good to hear you have had a good experience, but HF have nothing on Autohaus. Nothing be excellent service and enthusiasm since I dropped the 930 off.

I'll bet there's a koala in the glove box when it's done. :)

HF were disappointing with your purchase no doubt and I wasn't trying to dismiss that.

Yes Autohaus sound fantastic by all accounts. When I had my car I wished they were closer so I could use them.

HF were disappointing with your purchase no doubt and I wasn't trying to dismiss that.

Yes Autohaus sound fantastic by all accounts. When I had my car I wished they were closer so I could use them.

Hi Amanda - no offence taken! Just quickly typing on a mobile... Others agree with you and have had great service from HF. Just my bad luck :)

I also wish I was closer to Autohaus. Takes me about an hour to get to them, but worth the trip 

Takes me almost four hours :P

I'm five minutes drive away  :P!. My car went in for some work not long after I'd done the same thing as you TurboT (drove back from Melbourne in December last year). Autohaus are the garage you always hoped you'd find. Thorough, friendly, as enthusiastic as you are about your car. None better that I have seen. 

Have friends and family to stay with. To be honest, so far I've just gone to hassle James for parts. Almost bought a car off Scott but I was too slow!

The next major service will be there, though.

so what do you do when you drop off your car - stay the night? cab ride home would be expensive

TurboT, being a (very recent) former 930 owner I have gone through the list of problems on your car and I must say that it is probable that most if not all of those issues would not have come up on a road worthy inspection down here. For example, The front light would most probably have blown on the drive. I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, but I did in fact have  a good look at your car the day it arrived at the Healey Factory (I am the guy who sold the blue 930 to the Healey factory). Your car is a nice Aussie example with a lot of history, but it was sitting in a collection for a long time (and I'd suggest not moved often) and as we know with these older cars, problems like the CIS are common place for an unused example. The guys who rebuilt the engine originally, and did the inspection again down here, have a very good reputation. 

Please don't take this as me bagging your car, I actually regret not buying it when I saw it. It was a very hard decision not to trade in my old car on the one you bought. 

TurboT, being a (very recent) former 930 owner I have gone through the list of problems on your car and I must say that it is probable that most if not all of those issues would not have come up on a road worthy inspection down here. For example, The front light would most probably have blown on the drive. I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, but I did in fact have  a good look at your car the day it arrived at the Healey Factory (I am the guy who sold the blue 930 to the Healey factory). Your car is a nice Aussie example with a lot of history, but it was sitting in a collection for a long time (and I'd suggest not moved often) and as we know with these older cars, problems like the CIS are common place for an unused example. The guys who rebuilt the engine originally, and did the inspection again down here, have a very good reputation. 

Please don't take this as me bagging your car, I actually regret not buying it when I saw it. It was a very hard decision not to trade in my old car on the one you bought. 

Hey GRK930. Must have been a tough decision giving up your car!. Don't worry - completely moved on from the 'Healey incident.' My car is now in good hands and will soon be available to drive again. I agree alot of the fixes would not have been part of a RWC, but should have been picked up by a PPI which I stupidly didn't think was needed after being told it had been so well looked after by Porsche expect in VIC. Last time I listen to dealer talk:)

I was actually down there to look at yours - a great looking car, but my silver beauty for me was the perfect colour combo + aussi delivered and at the right price I cold not resist.

Now are you going to reveal to everyone what you 'gave it away for' to this dealer? :)

we might start crying...

Archived