New member '96 993 C2 en route

Well, the day is nearing...

Ship arrived into port on Saturday and was promptly "red lined" into customs meaning I had to provide additional documentation to them regarding value.

However the red line was cleared earlier today and they accepted the original HK purchase price as value for duty and GST, so at least now I know what it's likely to cost me all up.

Container is scheduled to be picked up on Friday the 26th by the broker, then quarantine are tentatively booked for the following Monday as they also decided that they wanted to do an in person inspection in addition to the x-ray of the container. This may or may not happen Monday depending on how busy they are, so I just have to keep patient a little longer...

In the interim, I have been deciding on plate styles and content, ordered a few additional bits and pieces from Gert @ Carnewal including a front protection bar as I think driveway clearance is going to be touch and go at home...

I guess after waiting this long, what's another week or so right?

Quarantine gave the all clear today, so tomorrow is pickup day from the dock...

I'll be driving it straight over to Autohaus Hamilton who have agreed to handle the blue slip preparation for me. I'll grab some photos on the way to post up, but looking forward to finally driving it tomorrow :)

Stay tuned for more updates...

And it's here... Pickup went smoothly - wasn't pulled over driving through central Sydney with no plates - bonus!

It's a transformed car from when I last drove it... Going to take a while to get used to the LWF in traffic :)

IMG_20150630_081032-L.jpg

IMG_3074-L.jpg

IMG_3076-L.jpg

IMG_3080-L.jpg

IMG_20150630_110758-L.jpg

IMG_20150630_112139-L.jpg

Looks fantastic. Glad it arrived and there were no issues other than the normal red tape to get through.....

Thanks Chris-p! All things considered, red tape wasn't too bad. Would definitely recommend using a broker to anyone else contemplating this route - made it much less stressful.

Wow, that is a really nice car; did you own it in HKg, or buy it there? Well done....

cheerrs

pete

Yes, was my daily driver in HK for nearly 3 years - around 30,000km. But as a stock tiptronic.

Beautiful 993.

Looks like they did not repaint the rear spoiler after all.

Yes, how bizarre - I just checked the shipping photos - must have just been a weird flash issue :)

DSCI0849-L.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm now legal... Autohaus sorted the inspections and blue slip, then the registration process was very straight forward. I now have to endure the large yellow plates till the 23rd, then it will officially become "HK993".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep, lots of money spent, I heard about 80 K  

I would say thats a conservative estimate. Was a cheap car for what had been done to it. Its being picked up today I believe, taken up the coast for a few days then shipped interstate. There it will be the new owner' daily ride

Archived