1981 SC Aussie Delivered If Anyone's Keen

Hello everyone,

I came across a 1981 Aussie Delivered SC today in white. The owner (a friend of mine, which I never knew even owned a Porsche) is keen to sell privately. From what I saw, the car was clean. Only thing I picked was the drivers seat which had a split from the join of the side bottom bolsters to the middle cushion pad which would be a quick and cheap fix. 181km's with a full folder of documented service books and receipts. Looked very original. He was talking mid $60's but I guess everyone is negotiable. If anyone is keen, give me a buzz or a text.

Jim

0423 075 123

On a non related topic, I saw a beautiful 1989 grey 930 today. Original RHD from the UK. Very nice, rare and valuable car. Looked to be very very original.

Guess what guys? Just spoke to my mate. He drove passed Duttons at 5.30 tonight and they handed him a cheque for $58k on the spot. Keep a lookout. I'm guessing it will show up on their site for $80k.

Guess what guys? Just spoke to my mate. He drove passed Duttons at 5.30 tonight and they handed him a cheque for $58k on the spot. Keep a lookout. I'm guessing it will show up on their site for $80k.

58k on the spot...............your probably not far off with the 80k figure - I wouldn't be surprised if its more though! 

Hello everyone,

I came across a 1981 Aussie Delivered SC today in white. The owner (a friend of mine, which I never knew even owned a Porsche) is keen to sell privately. From what I saw, the car was clean. Only thing I picked was the drivers seat which had a split from the join of the side bottom bolsters to the middle cushion pad which would be a quick and cheap fix. 181km's with a full folder of documented service books and receipts. Looked very original. He was talking mid $60's but I guess everyone is negotiable. If anyone is keen, give me a buzz or a text.

Jim

0423 075 123

On a non related topic, I saw a beautiful 1989 grey 930 today. Original RHD from the UK. Very nice, rare and valuable car. Looked to be very very original.

Was the 930 for sale?

First question I asked mate. He threw out $150k. It's done sub 100km's. I immediately said sold. But nah, he won't sell. I tried for an hour. Haha. You'll be the first bloke I tell if he rings me mate.

80k for an sc? lol

Although I agree with you, as probably most others do as well, it seems we've been saying that about every sale for the past 6 months ..... and we always end up saying " I can't believe they got that! " and / or  " I can't believe what aircooled prices are doing" .....  :wacko: 

Although I agree with you, as probably most others do as well, it seems we've been saying that about every sale for the past 6 months ..... and we always end up saying " I can't believe they got that! " and / or  " I can't believe what aircooled prices are doing" .....  :wacko: 

Some have certainly had a good year buying and selling the p-cars that's for sure. But it still seems there are opportunities for those that put in a bit of work or just are ready to pounce. The big numbers are usually got by the premium dealers. Present any product in a showroom environment and you expect to pay more. Still, in a time when everything is so short lived and disposable, it's pretty cool to know you can own, drive, and lavish time, love and coin on something that doesn't seem to devalue.

yep. the amount of car/performance for the price tag is now so far out of whack it's not even viable. why people are paying the prices they are is beyond me!  the aircooled experience isn't worth THAT much surely.. people need to lay down the crack pipe :P

• 2 weeks later...

This is a black hole, but anyway I'm in the mood. Greece is a side show, while China certainly is not. China A shares are up 200% over last year after a proper 8 year bear market and severe derating (down 80%). The first move after such a bear market is always powerful. 10% pull back last week and maybe another 10-20% is not out of the question after a strong run. China has the strongest and most popular leadership it has had for decades and is aggressively pursuing economic reforms. Plus ongoing monetary easing (traditional not the QE nonsense of the West). China stocks are 1 year into a 5 year bull market. You heard it here first. That said, I'm long China and air cooled p cars, so I could just be talking my own book:)

Greece in financial lockdown ... looks like the side show could become the main event ... or all just posturing?

You got me. Sell everything, except AC coupe manuals.

Or maybe ...... sell the AC coupe manuals while the goings good, and buy them back cheap when the house of cards fall .... just say'n .

Is  " Aussie delivered " similar to best or biggest  in the Southern Hemisphere ?  Should it be a consideration if purchasing a 72/3       Carrera RS. Should I also be concerned about the 915 gearbox as opposed to  G 50 ?.. 

Archived