YES or no?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So whats the asking price on this car? Has anyone spoken to CTS?

$120k. Hence my original question. Lee can do it for $30k, Many more have quoted $150k for a full resto. Then there is the question of the non matching engine which could drop the value by as mush as 40% when the car is finished. I love the idea of bringing it back to its original bali blue and even going on a search for the original engine as there is every chance it is still here in OZ, but starting price is a bit rich. $80k, and I might be interested, but there is a rumour that that is what Duttons paid for it before it came upto CTS.

The other rumour is that whilst at Duttons, every 901 nut had a look and rejected it, so by the time it got to CTS it was old news. Now this could just be a case of price in that the true enthusiast can't afford it, and the true collector collector can find much better examples so can't be bothered with this one. So this might be an opportunity...or it might just be a UK rust bucket that needs more 'lovin' than is worth it.

I have a feeling it might go back to the UK where the pound can buy alot and there are cheaper ways of restoring it.

sold

Yep , some people take a big lump from their pension to fulfil a lifelong dream. And spend the rest fixing the car.

Or not. That elfer will probably start when someone with a smidgeon of ability gets near it. All the best to the dude ( or dudette) with their new cute '66!

At $100k it might be worth it. You could get a fresh build on the motor for about $10k. a full respray and repair job from a 'non Porsche' panel beater for between $15k-$20k. $5k for a interior retrim, again from a 'non Porsche' trimmer. Say another $10k for missing bits and pieces. at $145k, even with a non original motor, you should get $250k from an overseas buyer (considering our dollar at the moment). I could be wrong, but might get close. 

Disclaimer. I am not indicating that you will get a concourse job with $45k, but you should get a very nicely finished early Porka. 

At $100k it might be worth it. You could get a fresh build on the motor for about $10k. a full respray and repair job from a 'non Porsche' panel beater for between $15k-$20k. $5k for a interior retrim, again from a 'non Porsche' trimmer. Say another $10k for missing bits and pieces. at $145k, even with a non original motor, you should get $250k from an overseas buyer (considering our dollar at the moment). I could be wrong, but might get close. 

Disclaimer. I am not indicating that you will get a concourse job with $45k, but you should get a very nicely finished early Porka. 

With the bonus prize being a successful treasure hunt for the original engine!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived