YES or no?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea what its worth, but buy it anyway, as its an early car

Why did it catch fire? Fuel related or electrical? Are the electrics fried? A whole new loom can be bought from Kroon harness's overseas. 

Paint is the easy bit, as once it's stripped you'd never know unless it has warped the metal which isnt that hard to do (yet shops will rape your wallet saying its a hard and time consuming job)

You of all people know how rare these are becoming, so get on it before someone else does

edit. If you do manage to get it, please don't hot rod it with wider guards etc. A period correct race car style would be cool. Half cage, race interior, wider rims etc. Period correct decals blah blah blah. 

No idea what its worth, but buy it anyway, as its an early car

Why did it catch fire? Fuel related or electrical? Are the electrics fried? A whole new loom can be bought from Kroon harness's overseas. 

Paint is the easy bit, as once it's stripped you'd never know unless it has warped the metal which isnt that hard to do (yet shops will rape your wallet saying its a hard and time consuming job)

You of all people know how rare these are becoming, so get on it before someone else does

edit. If you do manage to get it, please don't hot rod it with wider guards etc. A period correct race car style would be cool. Half cage, race interior, wider rims etc. Period correct decals blah blah blah. 

The fire damage was done when the car was parked in a back street next to a wheely bin which someone set on fire! Paint down one side, roof and windscreen are all fucked, but interior is fine, although rough. Agree - this baby would be for restoration only which has to be at least $60K. So I guess the real question is what is the price when restored for a non matching engine 66 car?

It only matters what it's "worth" if you are buying it to restore & on sell.

What can you get a complete car for?

If you want an early car it just needs to cost you what you are prepared to pay plus the cost of resto.

You could go crazy with the resto or do it on a budget of some kind. It won't be cheap though. 

are u for real? $100k just for the engine?

ah, you meant whole car...

yes, whole car, restored from current condition with an S engine.

best way would be a mild period correct hotrod.

note the missing fuch on the back...stuff like that is tricky to track down.

yes, whole car, restored from current condition with an S engine.

best way would be a mild period correct hotrod.

note the missing fuch on the back...stuff like that is tricky to track down.

i think this a spare - the original in the boot (assume flat). Not sure about your pricing though mate - they are asking more for it as it stands :)

All original and matching numbers in 'good' condition it has to be a $200k cars nowadays surely? the non matching engine is probably a concern for originality but at least it is an S. Tricky business this car valuation game

is it just me, or does that picture make it look 1/32 scale?

does that mean i can negotiate 1/32 price?

There are many variables on value- important ones; and there is pretty serious work- the roof needs to be filled for example. Depending on the original market it might be a rust bucket, is it a factory RHD (if so its literally one of only a couple of dozen) , what was the original color (some are more desirable than others), the seats are wrong, all the small detail items are expensive and hard to source, a light interior will show wear and will look tatty if the rest of the car is printine; so essentially you're up for a full resto.....

I know of most of the '65/66 cars here (except this one) but if any one's interested feel free to PM me. Cheers.

As soon as the engine has been switched, even by the factory, the price is really hit hard. Just look at one of the RS in USA recently which passed in 45% lower than other unmolested cars.

It would be a great car, but never could compare with top market cars.

$150k as is, with another $150 to bring it back to quality 2

T,

Either sh*t or get off the potty my good man!!!

Buy it already, as we all know that completed, this is a 6 figure car....regardless of current climate.

If you 'aint gonna buy, then share the details so other enthusiasts can have a go ;)

A period correct race car style would be cool. Half cage, race interior, wider rims etc. Period correct decals blah blah blah. 

Agree. have a look at what Stuart (source of my 928!)  has achieved here , in his small home garage, paint included.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/733330-chassis-304060-a.html

Look at my 912!

It was cheap to buy all the bits that are easily available, and probably cheaper than it costs to buy old Monaro parts for.

I've said this numerous times on here, that people with the disposable income are being ripped off when restoring cars.

If I could buy that 911, I'd have it on the road with an all new paint job and detailed for less than $30k on top of the asking price, and it would be as good as Chris' s old 911

Seriously people, you just need to shop around and not get taken for a ride

Look at my 912!

It was cheap to buy all the bits that are easily available, and probably cheaper than it costs to buy old Monaro parts for.

I've said this numerous times on here, that people with the disposable income are being ripped off when restoring cars.

If I could buy that 911, I'd have it on the road with an all new paint job and detailed for less than $30k on top of the asking price, and it would be as good as Chris' s old 911

Seriously people, you just need to shop around and not get taken for a ride

so what you are saying is that if I buy it you will do it up for me for $30k?

Archived