'84 Carrera 3.2 - What's it worth?

***SOLD*** And the price estimates were pretty accurate...just north of $100K

Looking at putting my 84 Carrera on the Market early in the New Year.  Given the amount of discussion on the forum about prices, I thought I would throw it to the panel of experts to give me a rough idea on what I should expect for it!

I only have access to an iPad and cannot work out how to upload photos into this post from it!  

Basic details are:-

AUS delivered, matching numbers,

Grand Prix White with Blue interior

7 & 8 X 16 Fuchs

Electric sports seats from an 87 Carrera, recently re-upholstered in leather with Porsche Script fabric inserts

Gear box re-built 2 yrs ago

Major service done 2 weeks ago (180,000km Log Book Service - car has done 174,000km)

Documented service history from new (Have receipts for last 4 years)

Thanks

Phil

Stew,  I really want to do something like I showed you the other day with the 996 ...or do a hot rod type car.  Just that this car is too

good/original to mess about with! 

Looks similar, but has the grill on the wing done in black, new upholstery etc.  Not sure if that one is AUS delivered, although still a similar car even if not!

"The Price is Right" - PFA edition. Closest to the mark without going over..............:D

I'll put it out there that I believe the market has cooled (or is at least cooling) and with that in mind I'd be locking in somewhere in the 80-90k range (conservatively). Recently you cant help but feel there are very few good sub 100k AC cars out there but I think the tides are turning....................Looks like a nice car, best of luck with the sale. 

"The Price is Right" - PFA edition. Closest to the mark without going over..............:D

I'll put it out there that I believe the market has cooled (or is at least cooling) and with that in mind I'd be locking in somewhere in the 80-90k range (conservatively). Recently you cant help but feel there are very few good sub 100k AC cars out there but I think the tides are turning....................Looks like a nice car, best of luck with the sale. 

Maybe I should send a set of steak knives to whoever gives the closest estimate :)

I agree with you though, I think the market may be "resting" for the festive season and will be interesting to see what the New year brings in regard to prices/stock availability.

Good luck with the sale Phil.  You certainly have a good one there.

What is it worth?  IMHO with the great quality of the car overall, Aussie delivered and having the desirable 930/20 it's gotta be worth somewhere north of $100k

How much do you want for it?

I WANT $200,000...But  I do not think anyone will give me that :lol:

Good luck with the sale Phil.  You certainly have a good one there.

What is it worth?  IMHO with the great quality of the car overall, Aussie delivered and having the desirable 930/20 it's gotta be worth somewhere north of $100k

Thanks JD...I would be happy with that :D

I'm on the same page as JD. Having seen the car quite extensively, I'd say it's one of the better ones around.  I'd be pricing it at the higher end of the market. It's a cracking car.

IB car in white will always be a winner...as will the 231hp.

Some people will prefer a G50 over a 915...but I think there is more satisfaction getting and driving the 915 right.

GLWS

Having had both, I like the 915....certainly does not take anything away from the driving experience

No doubt you've essential started a silent auction via pm.

Let us know how you go with it - be interesting to see where the markets at.

Been busy with an aeroplane so have not checked.  I will keep you updated if anyone is interested.

I'm just curious what you'd do with a 996 :ph34r: 

If you have a look at the last 911 & Porsche magazine, there is a silver one on the cover and a spread inside...bit of retro with Pasha seat inserts, duck tail, GT3 front bumper and a set of 8 & 9 X 18 Fuchs.....just looks good.   The wife will not get in this one so maybe a few mod cons will entice her to go for a drive with me, although I must say, a quick drive through the hills by myself is not to be under-rated!

Thanks T,  I did have some email contact with F40 at the time and he certainly got a good price for it.  Mine is probably very similar with condition, kms etc...just blue interior rather that maroon

Thanks T,  I did have some email contact with F40 at the time and he certainly got a good price for it.  Mine is probably very similar with condition, kms etc...just blue interior rather that maroon

blue interior would be my preference. Totally serious about the carrera decals aswell. I think they elevate white cars to something a bit more special - can't go wrong at the moment with a bit of 80's nostalgia ;)

Yeah, I like the Carrera decal too..but would then have to take the shark fin stone guard off...and I sort of like that simplicity.  Mind you, the decals are not expensive so an easy change to do.

Archived