Guards Red 911SC

SteamWolf

Freeze Equip in Newcastle have had my A/C bits to quote and replicate since January, and have promised to provide a quote three times now. 

I started off with Freeze Equip too and wasn't impressed either.

Tingy put me onto this guy and I don't think we would both use anyone else now.

http://cmsautoair-px.rtrk.com.au/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

A/C will stay in it's box for a while lol

Front end is back together.  I am missing the o rings for the brake calipers. They didn't come in the rebuild kit, so that is stopping me from finishing the front.

The alternator woodruff key has vanished after the auto elects rebuilt it, so I need to take it back and do some important eyebrow motions with finger pointing.

There's a large (2in) smooth nylon spacer in the rear shocks, that sit above the bump stops. Do they remain in place? I'm hoping they are not some transport thing as I did the hardest shock first before I discovered it in the second one.  I'm hoping it's there to prevent too much rear squat causing the bum to hit the deck.

• 1 month later...

It's back on it's feet, now with new bilsteins all round, reco front calipers and dressed up suspension and fan stuff. Auto elects found a woodruff key. was a struggle to get it sorted out.

Looking forward to driving it after it gets the carpet in and a wheel alignment.

The seats are done! The trimmer did a terrific job.

I have had to accept I won't have time before the house move and subbied out the carpet install to him as well.  

Here's how the front end now looks.

DSC_0043_zpsramn0vy7.jpg

The newly trimmed seats.

82107120-3d0e-4faf-89f8-69a76dd0051b_zps

Has some interesting company in the shop!

DSC_0107_zpsvcxn1k7a.jpg

I have had to accept I won't have time before the house move and subbied out the carpet install to him as well.  

Hey SteamWolf,

Who did you get your carpet from & are you happy with quality?. Is it the factory Sliverknit type carpet?

I'm looking to buy a carpet kit for my car in the very near future.

I bought mine from Classic 9 Leather Shop.

I ordered the original style carpet (in black) I'll let you know if it is of good quality once it's in the car!  The floor mats are well made though it doesn't seem to fit very well on the driver's side.  It looks like it's LHD mirrored, rather than made for the proper quirky RHD layout.  Will let you know!

aaaand it's back on the road! Now into the little fiddly tidy up stuff, and put the HVAC back in (most likely sans the AC).  It is in desperate need of a wash.

The trimmer managed to fix the driver's seat padding too so it's much more comfortable than it ever was.

I'm not sure I want to sell it now! :/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

The motor had a top end rebuild in 2001 or so according to receipts. It has excellent compression and runs well so it seems to be holding up just fine! I gave it fresh Penrite oil a few weeks back too.  They respond well to regular use so high kilometers is no indication of engine condition.

At the moment just get the ducting back in place. I've just moved to Canberra so I need to have a working heater and demister lol. It's all there just needs hooking up.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, sadly time location and circumstance have come together in a perfect storm and this car will shortly be up for sale.

I'll be driving it from Newcastle to Canberra on the monday on next weekend's long weekend if anyone wants to take a look, then in Canberra after that.

I'm realistic about the price and while I had always planned on moving it on at some point I had hoped for another couple of years of ownership.

*update* tentatively sold to a fellow PFAer!

Sorry you have to sell after just putting all that money and effort into it. 

Looks like a really lovely car. I've looked under the mattress and still don't have enough for another 911 otherwise I'd be on the phone.

Good luck with the phone.

that's a solid price for everything you've done to it jim, don't reckon you'll have any trouble selling.

perversely i like the high km. everything's been refurbished anyway, would love to see people's eyes pop when you tell em how many km's are on it.. gets used!

I am sure it says less than 100K on the clock and that is all that matters right?

• 2 weeks later...

Washed and ready for the new owner to enjoy the fruits of my labour. :( Sad to see it go but glad to see it going to someone with the time and skills to enjoy it!

Real shame my phone has such a rubbish camera.  It's off to its new home later in the week.

911_zpsnaggxqff.jpg

DSC_0405_zpsbplnexcm.jpg

DSC_0406_zpsnwnxily8.jpg

DSC_0407_zpsypruaha1.jpg

DSC_0408_zpswii7xa7t.jpg

Washed and ready for the new owner to enjoy the fruits of my labour. :( Sad to see it go but glad to see it going to someone with the time and skills to enjoy it!

Real shame my phone has such a rubbish camera.  It's off to its new home later in the week.

911_zpsnaggxqff.jpg

DSC_0405_zpsbplnexcm.jpg

DSC_0406_zpsnwnxily8.jpg

DSC_0407_zpsypruaha1.jpg

DSC_0408_zpswii7xa7t.jpg

Maybe now that you have some cash from the sale you can upgrade your phone to one with a better camera .....  :ph34r:

Congrats on the sale ....

Archived