How can I resolve this with Melbourne P dealer?

SteveC

Took car to Porsche Centre Brighton to get suspension done, not withstanding other issues, they returned the shocks to me with broken plugs where it plugs into cars PASM. Have asked to have shocks returned with plugs how they should be and not broken. 

Have exchanged emails with Jake and his service manager, also with the manager of the franchised location and at most have been offered to have it hardwired in when / if i want to refit the old suspension. 

I don't believe this is a acceptable solution as I can't on sell the parts and it wouldn't be right to patch fix the issue.

This has been going for 8 months. Any thoughts on how to get this resolved? 

I would tell them that if this is the standard of their work, and their inability to make good on having someone who is obviously not qualified to, and therefore shouldn`t be working on your car, working on it at a rate of possibly $150-200 per hour, that you will be taking your car elsewhere in future and taking them to the small claims tribunal.

Poor service on any vehicle. 

ACCC ombudsman is your friend. Email service is available now. That way you can articulate all the events so far. Get your answer and forward the emails to the principal. 

You may as well go at em since you won't be using their service department again.

Thanks StevepGT3

I was in disbelief and quite upset at what happened especially when, whilst including parts, the bill was approximately $30,000. 

I'll give them a call on Wednesday. 

$30k!  What was the breakdown of the work?

I'd call them again and just state that you want the suspension as it was (in working order), if you get no joy I'd consider calling PCA.

Face to face with dealer principal, request rectification or new replacement of the parts within 14 days.

Confirm that discussion in an email to him.

14 days later with no outcome have your solicitor send a letter of demand after pricing replacement parts at PCM, for that amount and detail.

They'll settle.

$30k!  What was the breakdown of the work?

I'd call them again and just state that you want the suspension as it was (in working order), if you get no joy I'd consider calling PCA.

Thanks 1q2w3e4r 

Yeah it was a bit to stomach at the time and involved renewing the rotors, calipers, pads and labour. 

I've been emailing Ray from PCA who may have moved offices as they used to be above PCM who are renovating so I haven't gotten far. 

Poor service on any vehicle. 

ACCC ombudsman is your friend. Email service is available now. That way you can articulate all the events so far. Get your answer and forward the emails to the principal. 

You may as well go at em since you won't be using their service department again.

Thanks firstone

After a bit of searching I found a general complaint form on the Consumer Affairs Victoria site and have completed and got a reference number. 

Face to face with dealer principal, request rectification or new replacement of the parts within 14 days.

Confirm that discussion in an email to him.

14 days later with no outcome have your solicitor send a letter of demand after pricing replacement parts at PCM, for that amount and detail.

They'll settle.

Thanks KGB

I like this approach and have solicitors who I use for other purposes but didn't think it should come to this. 

30k. Wow. 

makes me feel better about mine now. Thanks To SteveC for spending more than me and admitting to it. :blink:

I chased a prior mechanic. Made sure I had the most recent government documents regarding "warranty of service"  and told him that his work was substandard. Even after the official warranty period was over, he was still required to honour the job and make good.  He paid up for the damages I claimed. 

It will take time,  but it will be worth it. Remember to add your own expenses and time to your claim.

Geez....puts the $170k purchase price for these now into perspective.   The purchase price, for these cars, is just the entry fee !

not sure if that's normal Chris. Service, tyres and warranty premium is all I've ever spent. 997tt is a pretty bullet proof daily drive. 

American dollars. 

http://suncoastparts.com/category/9872_pccb.html

You join the club , you have to pay the membership fee. I'd have to earn 60k before tax to just fix brakes & suspension. Sorry but my wife sees the bills :wub:

PS I'd have no problem getting a lawyer involved. It's only money and how could you lose this one?

Archived