WTB 996 or 997.1 GT3 RS

MezgerMan

As the market takes a bit of a breath after some giddy gains these last few years, I would like to express my genuine interest in acquiring a water-cooled GT3 RS. I prefer the 996 or 997.1 models for their more conservative styling (and lower price point than the 997.2 and 991 GT3 RS). I don't mind if the vehicle's been tracked.

If you own such a vehicle and have even remotely considered trading up, making changes to your collection or just capitalising on recent market growth, I would sincerely welcome you making contact via private message. Even if you haven't considered selling, please make contact; I may be able to make you a worthwhile offer.

Hoping for custodianship of one of these Rennsport icons,

MezgerMan

porsche_911-gt3-rs_decal_4_08.jpg

@1q2w3e4r, Simon mentioned this car to me in passing before it arrived - I haven't seen it in the flesh. I have seen Rob Raymer's 997.1 at RSR Garage, @hugh. This vehicle is closer to what I'm looking for - more miles on the clock means I can drive it without worrying too much about how the miles I add will affect its value (in that sense, the CTS example almost has too few miles).

I'm one of those odd folk that quite like Pinky Lai's design work on the 996. I don't even mind the Riviera Blue decals on some 996 GT3 RS! Therefore, I'd prefer a 996 model and am hoping, perhaps unrealistically, that this thread might induce one or more of those private owners to consider moving their vehicle on to a new and very grateful custodian. If you know of someone who has a 996 GT3 RS hiding in their garage, please give them a gentle nudge for me!

Failing any 996 presenting itself, I will consider a 997. I am willing to discuss price with any existing owner that wishes to talk but recognise the price point set by currently-advertised 997.1 examples.

Thanks for your replies, gentlemen.

Nice to hear you appreciate the 996 on this level.  The styling truly is coming into it's own as time passes, and the 996 RS is reportedly the more raw, and rare than it's later versions.  Good luck with the hunt and please share your success when you find one!

996 RS is a rare car indeed, have you asked Rob if he knows of any? As much as I love the 997 there is just something about the 996.............I hope you manage to get your hands on one. 

All the best on your search! 

Thanks all for your good wishes. The 996 GT3 RS is something of an elusive car. I do know of two that aren't for sale! @hugh, I shall certainly ask RR if he knows of anything. I haven't done so yet.

This is a quest that will likely call for some patience.

MM

996 is the real unicorn of the RS world, best of luck with your search. My unbiased view is they will be the most valuable (along with the 4 litre) in the long term.

Dutton car is an import? That explains why they never responded to my email about it then. 

According to this post by @edgy, only 17 996 GT3 RS were delivered to Australia. Even with patience, I suspect that by the time one becomes available, they might have moved beyond my price range. #enthusiastwoes

The most recent one listed with a price was private car at $325k I'd say things are moved only a little bit from there... the market is cooling off & we are starting to see dealers putting numbers on things. 

Mind you the 6 RS is really something special and I hope you can find one! 

I have seen the pumpkin @ RSR garage too, its very nice, and a car I wouldn't be afraid to use! The collectors can keep the garage queens. :P 

Good luck with the search, you have impeccable taste.. 6.2 & 7.1 tragic here too. :D 

Archived