International broker wanted - LA

need to start to think about shipping my new purchase from LA to Sydney. After the kind of service where the extent of my input is to sign a few forms but ideally I need a service that:

1. That can work with me to agree a good valuation for the car if you know what I mean. 

2. Can pick up the car and safely get it to Sydney.

3. Can calculate in advance (no surprises) my tax costs and deal with the associated paperwork.

4. Deal with compliance

5. Deliver the car to me ready for its first outing (although more than likely first stop will be Autohaus for a check over).

any thoughts/experiences/advice welcome. 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USA to AUS are good, I have used them in the past for difficult jobs and it couldn't have been easier. I believe BBC used them for the 72T also.

http://usatoaus.com

i would be very wary of understating customs values if that's what youre thinking of doing, insurance will look at those values should the unthinkable happen (it happens).

Do not fiddle the books. Customs can see your international transactions.

Also, step 4 will be done by Autohaus.

I used usatoaus.com and have no hesitation in recommending them. Ignore their website, and ignore the stuff on their website. They are importers only,  but know exactly what needs to be done.

Watching with interest. I've had offers from the US. 

Aussi Dollar weakening is in your favour, but prices have definitely softened over there. Surprised anyone would want a RHD?  - what about UK?

It would be a shame to send yours O/S.

Someone here buy it! @turboT, don't you need another?

nup - not sure if I will be able to keep hold of the ones I have...

we all know somebody you could ask.......

I think he has moved on - the man wants to play with Gt3's and 924's. 

The only reason why I got the chance to NAB this one was because he is overloaded and needs the garage space. Still will have 4 930's in his collection...

HUH?!!

Surely you're not digging another hole?!!

I will wait until they are both together. I bought the cars for driving not collecting (clearly I don't have the space), but wonder whether it makes sense to hold onto two cars that will essentially be quite similar. Lets see what happens

I will wait until they are both together. I bought the cars for driving not collecting (clearly I don't have the space), but wonder whether it makes sense to hold onto two cars that will essentially be quite similar. Lets see what happens

I have the garage space if you need to store one, and I can make sure it gets turned over regularly ;) 

I would recommend speaking to Kristian at Iron Chef Imports. Personal friend of my brother, has been in the game for many years, originally started with Japanese Imports but has expanded to the UK and USA under the respective names Iron Lady Import and Iron Block Imports. He provides the complete service you described above (I would say excluding compliance, he could do that but you'd probably go through Autohaus for that since you already have a rapport with them). If you want to speak to the man directly I can give you details.

I would recommend speaking to Kristian at Iron Chef Imports. Personal friend of my brother, has been in the game for many years, originally started with Japanese Imports but has expanded to the UK and USA under the respective names Iron Lady Import and Iron Block Imports. He provides the complete service you described above (I would say excluding compliance, he could do that but you'd probably go through Autohaus for that since you already have a rapport with them). If you want to speak to the man directly I can give you details.

thanks spiller - i had contact with usatoaus this morning as several recommended. if it doesn't work out i will let you know

Slight segue, what is that site which has been discussed before on this forum, that has USA p-car sales that also assist with brining it back? The prices of cars may have even been in Aud (but i could have made this part up).

Alternatively, what are the good air cooled P-cars for sale sites in the USA?

Slight segue, what is that site which has been discussed before on this forum, that has USA p-car sales that also assist with brining it back? The prices of cars may have even been in Aud (but i could have made this part up).

Alternatively, what are the good air cooled P-cars for sale sites in the USA?

sounds like you're after a leftie mate?

KIf anyone is looking for a nice 1973 sepia Brown 911T, look at the web page for San Francisco sports cars.  It has a documented 3,900 miles but is steep at 190k

http://sanfranciscosportscars.com/1973-porsche-911t-brown/

They always have a couple of Porsches in stock.

usatoaus also has the site with the import listed for sale.

pelican parts for sale forums also has many cars for sale.

another good source for Porsche is cars dawydiak in San Francisco - they have a couple of 930s, a 3.2 and a sc and a couple of long hoods in stock at the moment. http://www.carsauto.com/porsche-inventory.htm

You'd probably get that collector quality guards red sc back to oz for around $55k - a similar local car would be pushing $90k for sure.  Just needs a set of Fuchs.

You can't beat these California dealers for quality stock though you're not getting a bargain.

sounds like you're after a leftie mate?

Not particularly but I'm always interested as to what is out there.

Will be in California for a couple of weeks in July so might poke my nose around. 

@poli84 

Good US site for P car is Hemmings Classic car. 

Thanks @edgy

KIf anyone is looking for a nice 1973 sepia Brown 911T, look at the web page for San Francisco sports cars.  It has a documented 3,900 miles but is steep at 190k

http://sanfranciscosportscars.com/1973-porsche-911t-brown/

They always have a couple of Porsches in stock.

usatoaus also has the site with the import listed for sale.

pelican parts for sale forums also has many cars for sale.

another good source for Porsche is cars dawydiak in San Francisco - they have a couple of 930s, a 3.2 and a sc and a couple of long hoods in stock at the moment. http://www.carsauto.com/porsche-inventory.htm

You'd probably get that collector quality guards red sc back to oz for around $55k - a similar local car would be pushing $90k for sure.  Just needs a set of Fuchs.

You can't beat these California dealers for quality stock though you're not getting a bargain.

Thanks @Coastr, you are right, there is certainly considerable savings and options when buying from the USA!

Not particularly but I'm always interested as to what is out there.

Will be in California for a couple of weeks in July so might poke my nose around. 

Thanks @edgy

Thanks @Coastr, you are right, there is certainly considerable savings and options when buying from the USA!

I need to go check out that Beverly hills place - are they as rusty as they look online :) 

Flights booked  - i arrive in LA june 2 if anyone else is around

Archived