987.2 Engine Bay clean.

red clubbie

Picked up the Cayman yesterday with the new exhaust mod done.....sounds great.

Grant said it will take a few hundred k's to sound even better.

Diggin, he said the mod takes 3 days to complete.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Well thats interesting.

Here's the email I got from James:

To: Dave Hall
Subject: RE: Rotor, pads etc 987.2 2009 Boxster S

Hi Dave

It would take 1-2 weeks, allowing for shipping between Canberra and Sydney, and would cost $880.00 plus shipping (estimate around $25.00 each direction).

Regards 

James

Not sure why shipping adds over 1 week. Anyways, as I need to take it off the car and pack it up, its still not an option, that and my real preference is for a controllable system - rather than always on, so its a new (or 2nd hand) system delivered to Canberra for me.

On the other hand, I'll be getting the brake parts from them when I need to redo the brakes

Glad to hear that you are happy with the improvements. Don't suppose you got any before/after audio recordings?

Yep.....1984 911 Carrera.

Well thats interesting.

Here's the email I got from James:

To: Dave Hall
Subject: RE: Rotor, pads etc 987.2 2009 Boxster S

Hi Dave

It would take 1-2 weeks, allowing for shipping between Canberra and Sydney, and would cost $880.00 plus shipping (estimate around $25.00 each direction).

Regards 

James

Not sure why shipping adds over 1 week. Anyways, as I need to take it off the car and pack it up, its still not an option, that and my real preference is for a controllable system - rather than always on, so its a new (or 2nd hand) system delivered to Canberra for me.

On the other hand, I'll be getting the brake parts from them when I need to redo the brakes

Glad to hear that you are happy with the improvements. Don't suppose you got any before/after audio recordings?

Dave,

It probably would take a week, including shipping. As I was local, it only took 3 days.

Sorry don't have any audio...

Cheers,

Geoff.

Yep.....1984 911 Carrera.

Ahhhhhhhh, with the impressive rubber treatment!  You may or may not recall but you shared your Forever Black and 303 Protectant secrets with me.  Still thankful! 

Hi Niko.  When you get a quote from PCM any chance you could share the info?

Cheers
Dan

Sports system from PCM

$5000.00 PARTS

$1000.00 FITTING.

Parts will have to be ordered in from Germany.

If I went with the modified exhaust as per James's,

it would void any warranty regarding the exhaust system and if any other problem occurred and they can bring it back to the exhaust being the reason

...again no warranty.

Might enjoy the sounds of silence for a little while longer....

Sports system from PCM

$5000.00 PARTS

$1000.00 FITTING.

it would void any warranty regarding the exhaust system and if any other problem occurred and they can bring it back to the exhaust being the reason

...again no warranty.

Wonder what the price was at the time as a factory fitted option...The above is for the full on off switch inside the car also. etc

Wonder what the price was at the time as a factory fitted option...The above is for the full on off switch inside the car also. etc

Yeah not sure Rocky, of the original fitted price, but yes the price quoted is for the on off switch etc.

Rocky is your sister car of mine PDK or manual?

Sports system from PCM

$5000.00 PARTS

$1000.00 FITTING.

...again no warranty.

Holy snapping duck crap! Thanks for sharing the information Niko.  I don't think I'll be going the genuine system any time $oon. 

Holy snapping duck crap! Thanks for sharing the information Niko.  I don't think I'll be going the genuine system any time $oon. 

that's exactly what I quacked too.

yikes. Sports exhaust quote I got a few weeks back was just over $4k for parts + fitting.

Was that with Porsche Centre?

Autohaus, or Carnewal. You will not regret it. 

My big problem is, if it is not a Porsche Centre fit, then the warranty for the pipes or any exhaust problem is void, also if there happens to be any other engine or

sensor problem and they can relate it back to the "aftermarket" system then again your on your own with warranty.

I know it is probably remote that there may be a problem.. but I'm a bit of a sooky la la there, ...just in case there is.. 

My big problem is, if it is not a Porsche Centre fit, then the warranty for the pipes or any exhaust problem is void, also if there happens to be any other engine or

sensor problem and they can relate it back to the "aftermarket" system then again your on your own with warranty.

I know it is probably remote that there may be a problem.. but I'm a bit of a sooky la la there, ...just in case there is.. 

Niko...Have you tried Doncaster Porsche? 

PC Canberra Niko

wow,,two grand diff between dealers.    I hate that.  If it's the same system and it more than likely would be, leaves me feeling disappointed with PCM.

thanks mate.

yeah, well the service pricing is all over the shop as well if you look at all the PC around the place.

Just to clarify, the quote I got was just over $4k for parts not including fitting. Probably should have put a comma in there :D

So still a bit of a price difference.

If only the Porsche system was a bit louder. At those prices its not a bad option - especially as you can turn it on and off. $6k - $8k is what i'm getting quoted on aftermarket systems. Mind you, if you want one thats "always loud" its about only about $2.5k plus fitting

That's a pain. The thing with the Carnewal is that it is outwardly identical to the stock exhaust. When I ordered mine, I had Grant at Autohaus fit it. He quoted me a price (sight-unseen) to fit an aftermarket exhaust. Apparently, there isn't one system out there, apart from the PSE that is a bolt-on fit. When I turned up with the Carnewal, I got a call saying the quote had gone down, but why was I replacing a standard system with another standard system!.

It was after that that Autohaus started offering an upgraded exhaust of their own. Infact, I believe my old system was the guinea pig. 

I'm guessing the Porsche-techs may be wise to it, but couldn't you order the system and get them to fit it?. That way the warranty should be intact. 

• 3 weeks later...

I mentioned to Barks in another discussion thread that I had Grant at Autohaus do my 987 exhaust when I  bought the car in Sydney last year  - had the oil changed and exhaust fitted at the same time before driving it home - sounds great ! No boom or drone - just a nice "bark"

Archived