Introduction and a couple of pics (or not)

Hi all - an overdue post introducing myself. I've been more active on Pelican (aldente295 there as well) but lately there's nothing but tumbleweeds in the local forums over there. My name's Alan, the car's a 1980 911SC ('Brian') I brought over from California when I moved to Sydney about 7 years ago. I'm originally from Canada but was dragged over here almost 20 years ago by my wife who's from Perth.

Living in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney and have been doing track days through the Jag club (of all things) and CSCA for the past five years or so. 

Would desperately love to upload a photo or two, but can't for the life of me figure out how to make them small enough to meet the size limitation!... used to be good at this stuff too. :-P I'll do a little reading of the help files and post a follow up once I figure it out.

cheers

Al

...and now it just works. Weird. Anyway here's Brian in his best racing pose.

brian2.jpg

brian.jpg

Welcome to you and Brian. Nice looking gent from the pics. Re pics, most of us use photobucket. Copy your pics into the photobucket site once you set up a free account and they have a link generator for each pic which you copy and paste into your post. Magic pictures appear! There is a whole thread on just that topic on here if you need any more detailed assistance.

ahem, Californian SCs are the best.

welcome, and wait for the peer pressure to get some h4s on that beast!

they've been the wish list for a long time. I seem to keep finding a different immediate requirement for the $1000, sadly. 

they've been the wish list for a long time. I seem to keep finding a different immediate requirement for the $1000, sadly. 

tell me about it, I just did it quickly like a bandaid being torn off. 

My reason was both cosmetic and also to be able to actually drive the car at night.  The sealed beams were just horrible and not even aimed right.

Hi Alan

I think I gave Brian some very dodgy bumper guards once, when I was living in Gladesville.

He still looks in rude health.

steve

ahh, indeed you did! That was following an awkward moment with a bus, that destroyed the originals! Glad to bump into you again Steve!

tell me about it, I just did it quickly like a bandaid being torn off. 

My reason was both cosmetic and also to be able to actually drive the car at night.  The sealed beams were just horrible and not even aimed right.

yeah I've got h4 bulbs in, just not the euro lenses. 

Archived