Let The Journey Finally Begin . SC Upgrades & Fixer Upper-grades

Steve88

Stuck on wheel choices at the minute. The original Fuch wheels will be put into storage. I have already purchased a reproduction set of Fuch wheels with an anodised edge. These look pretty great and factory correct as they are 7&8's. 

What did come up is the chance to grab a set of BBS wheels. Don't know which way to go as I'm already into the reproduction ones for $2500 and these will be another $2000 odd aswell. 

This is what the BBS look like. Pretty sure they are RS. They are also 8&9's which may fill out the guards a little more. 

3E99AAFF-0A6C-4712-9945-052420CA8C1E_zps

Thoughts guys ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBS are a hot wheel.    Pita to clean.

whats the overall look you're going for?

I think original to a point. I like a very clean and sharp look. I think they would look pretty swish when there clean. I have come along way from where I started in terms of style and look. I believe these would suit the car well but I'm not 100% sold as forking out cash on more wheels probably isn't the smartest choice at the minute but if I don't I doubt I will find another set anytime soon ???

They're a wheel that takes some getting used to I reckon. They look great by themselves. On a 911 with the right ride height and sparkling clean they look great. Dirty or on a high rider they look crap. Check the offsets - should be the same as the Fuchs 7x16 et23 and 9x16 et11 I believe.

Sounds like a good deal though if they're in good nick. If I were you, I'd grab them (I have a habit of doing silly things like that). Try them and see if you like them.

I 'might' know of someone who could be tempted to take them off your hands if you don't like them. That same 'someone' might have a use for the repros if you choose to keep the RS's.

I had a peak at your car when i was picking up my car last Friday Steve, it's looking good. that A/C Fan is a beauty, my eye was drawn to that right away. P&C look to have done a good job on your deck lid too. 

The BBS are a nice looking wheel and on the right build, they are fantastic but I think for your colour and your build, the Fuchs would be my decision. 

Sports seats found ! Getting quoted up now to get them re-trimmed in Tan .

2CE2D4AA-5624-4D3F-AE88-19C09EC97C07_zps

Sadly due to the piping I won't be able to get them tanned as this was a cheaper option 

Also booked in to fix the extra holes from the tail and re-spray the engine lid . Paint & Custom in Preston will be doing it for me. They have a very good reputation so hopefully that shows in the work , fingers crossed. 

AC parts from Autohaus have been ordered so AC will be happening . This was a real stretch but due to the time lines of a few things ( head liner , paint , headers ) I have been able to stretch a little more . Might also think of joining Uber and driving on the weekends to pay for all my little add ons . B)

OOoooOOOoOoOoOohh...CW z-frame!! Noice...your old ride?

Good work Steve!

Would you mind posting some photos of your AC bits, particularly your wheel well condenser  please?

Thanks!

Hey Peter here is the best photo I could mange of the wheel well condenser 

57BF7787-123C-4C91-BD3F-C3B3CA86838F_zps

Headers are in and Bisimoto pipe fitted  conservativity speaking it's loud 

D9A03B88-DD07-4DE2-8243-DAFB48BFC1D0_zps

It sounds mental!!!! May be a case of all bark no bite. But what a bark !!!???????????????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You really are doing a decent refurbishment hey mate! Looking forward to seeing your near new SC when it's back on the road

Yeh same here. Also forgot the new dash pad I had injection moduled along with my freshly trimmed sports seats. You could say I kinda spiralled with this one 

Its impossible to take photos of a headliner in a car thats black  in a garage . Looks a million dollars and the newly re-covered dash looks beyond perfect . At this stage glass back in next week and the journey to the end is fast approaching . Car is looking better and better each time . Will try to get some more photos all these i took yesterday came out not so great

• 1 month later...

Any updates? All looks very well done so kudos to you and the team.  I'm interested in, among other things, your AC set up. I've got a 2017 project that will need a really good AC system.  I guess you'll refer me to Scott at Autohaus but be interested in knowing how it performs in the car and any tips or learnings you found along the way.

Updates ASAP, and with photos please! :)

Any updates? All looks very well done so kudos to you and the team.  I'm interested in, among other things, your AC set up. I've got a 2017 project that will need a really good AC system.  I guess you'll refer me to Scott at Autohaus but be interested in knowing how it performs in the car and any tips or learnings you found along the way.

Updates ASAP, and with photos please! :)

Hey mate sorry i have been off the forum of late. Car is complete and is running like an absolute dream. I'll see if I can chuck up a photo and will type up a bit of a piece tomorrow 

photobucket trouble still will try tomorrow 

Grrrr.  PB is such a PITA from the smartphone.  I noted 'postimage' used by another member yesterday and signed up.  See how it goes.  EDIT image deleted so I don't wreck the thread.

Steve, can't wait to see the update.

Archived