Did you get a PPI done first or was the history on the car enough for you?

I've bought a few cars over the net sight unseen .... I have generally gone by the seller and the vibe I have got from them....

The one from Victoria was bought as a project, so wasn't too concerned with the overall condition and again, the seller is a member on here and was very helpful and forthcoming .....

1989 Porsche 944 S2 Manual

I couldn't help myself and spoke to the owner, he is a Porsche guy and seems a very nice fella from my conversation with him, it's on historic rego and has a full service history, original paint with the addition of some patina, needs a belt service,apart from that i don't think it needs anything else.

Was discussing this with a friend last night, do you guys think the 944S2 is more desirable than the early (non-S spec) 944 Turbo?

In "Porsche" circles ..... absolutely!

In personal preferences .... it's personal.

I would prefer a 944 Turbo, yet others would argue the merits of the S2 ..... and I still wouldn't care ....

The heart wants what the heart wants ..... even if there is something "better" out there .....

Was discussing this with a friend last night, do you guys think the 944S2 is more desirable than the early (non-S spec) 944 Turbo?

Without having driven a S2 for more than about 15mins and a 968 for about the same time that's a hard one. From what i've read the non S spec turbo comes on a little earlier in the rev range as well. The boost is addictive no doubt but does wear a little thin for normal driving, on a SMT and a bit of spirited driving it's awesome.

When i drove Jason E's car it was very torquey and loped along very nicely but that was someone else's car that i was driving so gave it the respect it deserved but i could easily live with one.

When i drove the 968 the owner was sitting in the passenger seat egging me on to hammer it, so i did and wow those things feel so solid and the way the power builds is very nice and so effortless i was very impressed with it, pity it was auto, power is awesome on these cars and ultimately i want one.

Why wouldn't anyone want one of these cars, they handle so well, are cheap to run (relatively) and are made in limited numbers unlike the 911 which are everywhere:ph34r::o:D

Why wouldn't anyone want one of these cars, they handle so well, are cheap to run (relatively) and are made in limited numbers unlike the 911 which are everywhere:ph34r::o:D

Hold on ..... hold on .....

The only reason 911's are everywhere is because out of the 2, they're the only ones worth anything, the ony ones worth importing and the only ones they are STILL making .....  :P 

Hold on ..... hold on .....

The only reason 911's are everywhere is because out of the 2, they're the only ones worth anything, the ony ones worth importing and the only ones they are STILL making .....  :P 

Calm down fellas, Dreamr, first, no throwing stones, second is not the Panamera just an updated 924/944/968/928 its evolution man. :o 

No worries Stephen, confusion reigns supreme :)

But following on from 911s (and digressing even more... ;) ) and the whole transaxle thing, I do find it quite odd that Porsche call our cars the "Transaxle era" while the 911 and 356 before have/ had transaxles all along......