New Boxster open day Saturday

I just went to PC Adelaide for a quick look. The guy I chatted to was as interested in my SC as the718. Have to say, it is nice. They have 2. A black on black one, and a dark grey on black. The grey one was really nice. Plus 3x 356 cabrio's and a couple of cup cars. Coffee and morning tea as well.

20160625_100206_zpsn4okdslp.jpg

Looks very aggressive, which  think is great and what it needed.   Be interested to know if the chap you spoke to referred to it as a seven eighteen

or a seven one eight.  

I must have just missed ya Stew. Reckon I saw you heading up Unley road towards Belair as I was on Cross road heading home. 

Same here, as a couple of blokes were more keen to look at the SC than the Boxster! Ofcourse the 'Is it for sale?' came up.

The grey 718 looks good, but it sounds horrible! The referance to a WRX is spot on. Reckon they were signing a couple of people up though

Yes that would have been me. Was going to get some fuel. I heard a guy say about the wrx thing as well.  How mint was the red 356 in the workshop? And the green 911 outside was just as nice.

Yes that would have been me. Was going to get some fuel. I heard a guy say about the wrx thing as well.  How mint was the red 356 in the workshop? And the green 911 outside was just as nice.

I just posted up some pics. The other RHD 356 in the showroom was nice too.

I have a couple of posters if anyone wants them. I'm keeping the one on the right though

I'll take the one in the middle if thats oj. You goung to cars and coffee tomorrow?

Went to Porsche Centre Brighton this afternoon, to check out the new Coxsters in the metal.

Looking forward to the canapes, champers, crayfish etc...

Well a coffee and popcorn anyway..... ( I reneged on the pop corn and face painting)

My Verdict FWIW....Great looking roadster, very aggressive look and stance.  

Still has the iconic Boxster shape and style.

Rear ends look better than previous model I think.   

DSCN6164.jpg

PDK 718 Non S   Tradie Grey

DSCN6165.jpg

PDK 718 Non S gum metal grey.   (nice)

DSCN6169.jpg

PDK 718 Non S.   Rear end

DSCN6167.jpg

PDK 718 S.   "Big" Red Calipers

DSCN6173.jpg

PDK 718 S

DSCN6174.jpg

How much!:huh:

DSCN6168.jpg

981 GTS

DSCN6170.jpg

GT4 Model....

DSCN6171.jpg

718 Model....got that one out quick

DSCN6175.jpg

DSCN6176.jpg

Spotted out the front....:wub:   Looks like Uncle has had a hand in that exhaust.:P   

I asked the owner what it was, and he said it was on it when he got it, and wasn't sure.  

He said it was also a bit too loud, but when he took it off I didn't think it was too bad.  

I have heard louder on a non turbo white 993 haven't I tman.

Missed a viper green early model with CARRERA  along the doors a bit earlier, that was nice too.

I bet you were drawn to the yellow one Niko!!

Not sure about the tradie grey...

G'day Nick....Yellow one was in pride of place as you walked in...I am over yellow though (well and truly) but this one does look stunning and eye catching..

I didn't have my trusty CANON with me today so the "TRADIE- GREY" colour might be a tad off, I actually liked it.    

Nice. They only had a black one (std) or a white one (S) in PC Canberra. The 20" rims they had on the white S - simply gorgeous. I want them for my car!

Nice bikies and coffee - no drivies though, not till next week. 

They did give the S a boot in the showroom, didn't sound half bad

Dont know what other think, but the interior feels a little larger than the 981 - which I know is bigger than my 987.2

Too busy racing the remote controlled 911 around the track they laid out to take pics :) 

Yeah Niko, they are a bit pricey. Makes a low km 981 GTS a nice option now.

Nice to get a chance to have a look underneath at the one on the hoist, nice gourmet sausages and coffee. Front end is squared off and "flattened. Back end treatment works well in the metal, interior revisions are nice especially the new screen. The thing that struck me the most is the price north of $190k is very easy to achieve and when you hear it run (which I did) that was the disappointment for the day. 

Archived