Update on Backdate

09ELF

My intention was to purchase a vehicle super sprint \ track day ready which had street rego.

The hunt was on and when I came across a silver 911sc, it was really a no brainer as it ticked all the boxes.

Car was previously owned by Michael Chapman (ex- president of PClubV ??)

It is a 79 SC with with a rebuilt motor to 81 Spec  (188->204bph)

LSD, Cage, Sparcos, Braided lines, Bilsteins, Back-dated heating, etc etc.

Car weighed in at 1060kg

1.jpg

2.jpg

When I first read the line about backdating I was a little disappointed because you had a very nice, purposeful looking IB car and a properly set up narrow body IB car is my favourite 911 in terms of appearance.

However, after seeing the nearly complete photos, I can see you have done an amazing job and the car looks fantastic (and still very purposeful looking)!

Seems like you have the ultimate package now!

Well I'm liking that a LOT! Though I am a bit fond of Silver 911's personally.  Would like some pics as to how the seats are fitted when you have time

Great stuff mate

Thanks peeps...

As to the seats.. they are Sparco solid side brackets, mounted directly to factory sliders..

ill try and take some photos when i get a chance... took abit of fiddling to get the side wings to cross over..

• 11 months later...

Very beautiful car! Excellent to see it being punted around the track. Actually very stunning. The wheel fitment and ride height is bang on, the exhaust are perfect! Very cool.

All good with instagram.. can you tag blitz168 (its me.. I either purchased the rights or were from my camera - depending on pic).

The suspension is pretty standard.. but running bilstein sports all round.

In terms of alignment.. ill try and dig those out..

• 8 months later...

Archived