What’s your favorite car other than Porsche?

Guest Nick987

Hi AndyJ, welcome aboard. Those certainly are great choices!

Racing a Bugatti !!! :o phweeeoo [whistles] big gorillas needed there!

No doubt your little ploy using your signature for posting spam links to irrelevant content in the hopes of leveraging the forum's page rank or speeding up indexing by Google is paying handsomely!

Never fear, I am sure a mod will come along in good time and make that right :lol:

BTW, it only really helps your page rank when the content you link from is R E L A T E D to the content you are linking to, so maybe look for forums related to business investment and property sales in Brazil? Kay sweetie?

No problem, PM me your email address and I'll send you the invoice for that little bit of consultancy :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nick987

I like the Ferrari Testarossa. It might be old, but it has a reasonable horse power and design.

Yeah and I like that spammer tools like you that take advantage of our intelligence by posting irrelevant SEO links in their signature files just piss the f#*k off

• 2 months later...

Theo...I've seen this behaviour before...trapped in a country of eternal rain...perpetually envious of Boxsters and Cabriolets...still celebrating the great summer of 2008, (it was Thursday if I recall correctly)...lamenting the fact that Sydney 2000 is still recorded as the greatest Olympics ever...lamenting the fact that Melbourne 1956 is still recorded as the 2nd greatest Olympics ever...thinks that Jeremy Clarkson is the font of all automotive information. That is: he hates Porsches therefore I hate Porsches. Further...Clarkson likes Astons, ergo I like Astons. (wow! I got to use the word ergo again!!!). Seriously? Do we worry about a rookie from the old dart with one contribution to the forum...what would you like me to do Theo...arrange a missle strike? I CAN do that...!

I'll let Cathleen's blasphemy pass if she pledges eternal support for Mark Webber! Do it...do it here! It's not too late Cathleen!

You can be saved. Abandon this unholy affinity for Astons. The power of Porsche compells you! The power of Porsche compells you!!!!

........oh, I said that out loud didn't I???

Another glass?? Yes please...it's only early.....

Theo...I've seen this behaviour before...trapped in a country of eternal rain...perpetually envious of Boxsters and Cabriolets...still celebrating the great summer of 2008, (it was Thursday if I recall correctly)...lamenting the fact that Sydney 2000 is still recorded as the greatest Olympics ever...lamenting the fact that Melbourne 1956 is still recorded as the 2nd greatest Olympics ever...thinks that Jeremy Clarkson is the font of all automotive information. That is: he hates Porsches therefore I hate Porsches. Further...Clarkson likes Astons, ergo I like Astons. (wow! I got to use the word ergo again!!!). Seriously? Do we worry about a rookie from the old dart with one contribution to the forum...what would you like me to do Theo...arrange a missle strike? I CAN do that...!

I'll let Cathleen's blasphemy pass if she pledges eternal support for Mark Webber! Do it...do it here! It's not too late Cathleen!

You can be saved. Abandon this unholy affinity for Astons. The power of Porsche compells you! The power of Porsche compells you!!!!

........oh, I said that out loud didn't I???

Another glass?? Yes please...it's only early.....

Ummmm, OK, missile strike??? That should do fine.

Just checking that you're on the ball Caver!

Admin super-beings....is it possible to delete these posts using your super powers?

And/or prevent hyper-links in sig files, possibly until a member has made a certain number of posts?

The reason I asks is that these numpties pop up and leave a single post with a link to their site. And they do this because Google uses these "back links" to improve their site's ranking.

James

I know that a certain amount of validation goes on with new members and that quite a few get flagged as spammers, which prevents them from posting in the future. My "appointment" to the administrators group is specifically to help organise the mailing groups. So not really my place to start slashing and burning members.

I know it's frustrating to see these entries pop up on the Forum. It's a bit like a telemarketing call right in the middle of dinner. There's no real way of stopping it.

James, it would be a fairly difficult task to code a routine which makes the posting of hyperlinks conditional to the number of active posts. Also, to delete a post, we obviously have to see it first to take action and we do have day jobs!

Regular forum members just have to be a bit web savvy and NOT click on any embedded hyperlinks unless they're from known sources.

Cheers Guys!

• 2 months later...

I'll be realistic here and not list any dream cars, but a favorite of mine is the Detomaso Pantera GT5S. Classic Italian bodywork (read rough around the edges) but oh so beautiful,easy to work on 351 ford engine and not overly expensive (996 tubo money).

Regards.....Dominic.

I was a big fan of Rusty's entourage, one in particular....Judy Green. Loved his 935's, saw them in action many times at Oran and Amarroo, and recently at Phillip Island Classic's, they might be there again this year.

Ah yes, Judy Green, one of my favorites.

Regards....Dominic.

Archived