[SOLD] 996.2 Carrera Manual RWD Coupe

For now, build a mental Group 4 Rallye 924.

With no license for almost 7 more months I'm in no rush so I'll chip away at that while keeping an eye out for something interesting. 

Ah, yes I remember your 924 now :)

Good luck with both!

congrats mate - good cars like yours move fast

Cheers mate.  Certainly interesting when many a 996 sit for sometimes several months even at $10k-$20k less...and some C4S don't seem to move at even the same money....

It might not have gone up like aircooled or GT cars, but 4 and half years and less than Zero depreciation is not bad going.  Actually given I bought from a dealer as On the Road to get the same back for a private sale is good going.

She was a fantastic car, a pleasure to own and a dream to drive.  I'd highly recommend one to anyone.

Sorry to see her go Trev. Please tell me she will be seen again. You can ride in my 996 anytime. 

You did extremely well on the sale. 

It's staying pretty local, Glen Waverley based, and Porsche Club Vic member so likely it'll be around.

I might have to take you up on that!

I know Hugh and SteveP tried to dupe you into GT3 love.   But I reckon your TD996 plates would look just nice on a silver GT2....

Next SMT I'll take you for a ride. 

A ride in the Animal is a MUST!

If you are handing out rides DJM I would love to get on har list as well !!

That car is by far the quickest car I've ever been in. Add this to Doug being a very good pilot and your in for a real treat. :blink::lol:

If you are handing out rides DJM I would love to get on har list as well !!

those devoid of licences get first dibs.....eh Trev.  But always happy for anyone to jump in Higgo.  Haven't driven it in a while so I'll need to get my eye in again.  Been playing around with my track car instead.    

those devoid of licences get first dibs.....eh Trev.  But always happy for anyone to jump in Higgo.  Haven't driven it in a while so I'll need to get my eye in again.  Been playing around with my track car instead.    

*Note to whoever books in the next SMT. Run the date by DJM first!

That car is by far the quickest car I've ever been in. Add this to Doug being a very good pilot and your in for a real treat. :blink::lol:

not sure about the pilot bit but the car is fast!  Trev will keep me under the speed limit by reminding me of the consequences

Too modest DJM.    +1 one on the quickest car I've ever been.  +2 on the pilot comment.  Besides being in a rally car, best piece of road driving I have experienced was on a little stretch of very familiar road that if you are a boost junky, torque steer is not uncommon if your car is capable of delivering that, but the amount of torque steer that DJM was able to squeeze out of his car and his ability to control it by applying more throttle whilst rowing through the gears and navigating a rock wall on one side and a steel barrier on the other side and effortlessly pulling up with not a peep out of the brakes or chassis was pretty memorable.  So much so that I went and brought the next best thing to his GT2  on a restricted budget (with a little more driver assist in terms of awd) shortly afterwards and I am slowly chipping away at replicating the boost hit in his car somewhat (only another 0.3 or so bar to go), but also looking to move the boost curve a bit more to the left with a bit more earlier spool up and a little less torque down low but having a similar peak power output.(torque was brutal and the spool up of those k24 based turbo's driving traffic light to traffic wouldn't do my demerit points any favours in order to get my boost fix) 

Haha, thanks Tony.  My RX7 is quicker than the GT2 believe it or not, recently did 1:45 at PI vs 1:47 in the GT2.  Having said that, there's a lot less at stake so easier to push harder.  Somewhere north of 450hp and under 1,000kg.  Catching a hard driven 458 was the highlight of the day, ran out of fuel before I could pass him....

around 3:40 you can see the difference to a 997 C2S.  Followed by an M2.  

Anyway, enough about me, this was Trev's thread!

Haha, thanks Tony.  My RX7 is quicker than the GT2 believe it or not, recently did 1:45 at PI vs 1:47 in the GT2.  Having said that, there's a lot less at stake so easier to push harder.  Somewhere north of 450hp and under 1,000kg.  Catching a hard driven 458 was the highlight of the day, ran out of fuel before I could pass him....

around 3:40 you can see the difference to a 997 C2S.  Followed by an M2.  

Anyway, enough about me, this was Trev's thread!

Watched this a few times now - sensational ! I definitely need to get a quick squirt with you in the GT on the next SMT - great 

Archived