944 Dash mats (GROUP BUY)

944s2cab

I've been talking to Dashdesigns in the USA,

http://www.dashdesigns.com

They can produce RHD Dashmats for late 944's, cost is AU$75-100 depending on material, with postage of AU$55, however if we can get an order of 10 then postage drops to AU$23, an order of 20 is AU$18, these are a special order and are not returnable.

Have a look at their website and let me know if you're interested

cheers

Steve

You can order any colour and any fabric you want, it's totally up to you

To clarify, this is not so much a "group buy" more of a special production run of RHD dash mats, they have to alter their production presses, once they have done that then they can feed in the colour and fabric of your choice.

By ordering as a group, they will change their process and get a big discount on shipping

Edited by 944s2cab

• 7 months later...

To those who showed interest, my dashmat has arrived,

First impression is very good, fits the dash really well, a bit stretchy to follow the contours of the dash,

Went with sedona suede in black, 

Total was $145 delivered, a bit pricey but well worth protecting my crack free dash

IMG_1131.jpeg

IMG_1123.jpeg

IMG_1116.jpeg

Edited by 944s2cab

Hey there,

that's actually a pretty reasonable looking dash mat.

Something that may also be of interest to you (& the others here) in protecting your 944 dash.  I just had some new tint fitted to my car, as part of that I went for a clear Infinity tint on the windscreen to protect my dash/ interior.  It is completely undetectable.  The Infinity film cuts out 70 to 80% of the incoming UV rays that will 1) dry out & crack your dash, 2) heat your car up, 3) burn the shit out of you.

Technically the addition of a film to your windscreen (& anything else like navigation/ phone holders, stickers, rear view mirror hangers & anything that may obstruct a drivers vision through the windscreen) has different legalities in different States & here in Qld it is still currently illegal (however that is set to change shortly).  This said there is no way a Police Officer (or worse a Traffic Branch Officer) would inspect your vehicle closely enough to twig to the fact that you have a clear film on your windscreen (trust me I know). 

Might be worth considering.  Certainly a Godsend here in Qld (which is located about 8 miles from Satans ring piece in summer).

cheers,

Jason

Hey there,

that's actually a pretty reasonable looking dash mat.

Something that may also be of interest to you (& the others here) in protecting your 944 dash.  I just had some new tint fitted to my car, as part of that I went for a clear Infinity tint on the windscreen to protect my dash/ interior.  It is completely undetectable.  The Infinity film cuts out 70 to 80% of the incoming UV rays that will 1) dry out & crack your dash, 2) heat your car up, 3) burn the shit out of you.

Technically the addition of a film to your windscreen (& anything else like navigation/ phone holders, stickers, rear view mirror hangers & anything that may obstruct a drivers vision through the windscreen) has different legalities in different States & here in Qld it is still currently illegal (however that is set to change shortly).  This said there is no way a Police Officer (or worse a Traffic Branch Officer) would inspect your vehicle closely enough to twig to the fact that you have a clear film on your windscreen (trust me I know). 

Might be worth considering.  Certainly a Godsend here in Qld (which is located about 8 miles from Satans ring piece in summer).

cheers,

Jason

I had not heard of this clear Infinity tint before Jason. Sounds like a great idea though and keen to get your thoughts on its effectiveness. Wow we're racking up a list of things to talk about at C&C Saturday. ?

I had not heard of this clear Infinity tint before Jason. Sounds like a great idea though and keen to get your thoughts on its effectiveness. Wow we're racking up a list of things to talk about at C&C Saturday. ?

Hi Justin,

The tint I had applied is the IRIDIUM 35.  I had the darkest legal tint (not too dark at all really) applied to the doors, quarters & rear hatch ($453 ex gst) & the clear Iridium to the windscreen was ($177 ex gst).  I have noticed a great difference to the amount of heat coming into the cabin.  The tint cuts out 99.9% of UV, the dark tint cuts out about 80% of heat entry & the clear lense cuts out about 65% of heat entry.  I would think this combined with a reasonable schedule of applying good quality leather protectant products to the dash should stop any drying out & cracking from occurring.

I went down this path because I just wanted the car to be cooler in Summer.  I hate getting into an oven.  There is a better film called Crystaline but it wont shrink as well to the curved hatch window.

cheers,

Jason

• 2 years later...

Dash mats to me are like putting plastic on your lounge suite to protect the fabric.  What is the point?  The plastic looks crap and spoils the look and comfort.  Same with a dash mat, it looks crap and says I covered up my beautiful dash with this black carpet so you can guess what is underneath.  The dash looks great as it came out of the factory.  If dash mats were great then the factory would have carpeted the dash when the car was built.  Would you buy a car with carpet on the dash?  If the dash cracks then get it repaired, don't cover it with carpet to prevent something that has not happened yet. 

It's like those people who buy a car colour they do not want for resale value, even if they really want a purple car they think no, I will get the white because it will be easier to sell, even though I love purple cars.  Why???

Thanks for your comments. However, I just bought the car and I am just about to spend a further $6k on the car mechanicals next week, therefore the dash is a future project as it will have to be completely removed to be refurbished. The Dash Matt would only be temporary.  Thanks Ian

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2020 at 12:25, Lucky Phil said:

Dash mats to me are like putting plastic on your lounge suite to protect the fabric.  What is the point?  The plastic looks crap and spoils the look and comfort.  Same with a dash mat, it looks crap and says I covered up my beautiful dash with this black carpet so you can guess what is underneath.  The dash looks great as it came out of the factory.  If dash mats were great then the factory would have carpeted the dash when the car was built.  Would you buy a car with carpet on the dash?  If the dash cracks then get it repaired, don't cover it with carpet to prevent something that has not happened yet. 

It's like those people who buy a car colour they do not want for resale value, even if they really want a purple car they think no, I will get the white because it will be easier to sell, even though I love purple cars.  Why???

not sure I agree with you, when your dash has survived 30+ years without cracking, you might want to take care of it ,