Value of 2.7 engines

Curious what people's thoughts are on the rough value of a 2.7 out of a US 75 911S. Mine's leaking a bit through the case but it's had the chain tensioner upgrade, turbo valve covers, upgraded finned sump plate, dilivar head studs, fan upgrade to 11 blade, all CIS components (reconditioned fuel distributor and WUR). Airbox and regularly serviced since i've had it.

Mileage is a bit of an unknown as my odometer only has 5 digits on it but it had 48000 miles last I checked. Have compression numbers somewhere which was taken about 1 year ago but none of the cylinders had numbers that were a concern.

US Import so i doubt it's going to be worth big money and i've already cut into the body to weld on new flares...

Definitely considered keeping it but this project is costing me an arm and a leg so need to recoup costs somehow :(

that's what all those people who forward dated long hoods to impact bumpers said as they threw away their 2.2 E motors and replaced them with 3.0 engines.

flares can be removed.  Original engines - very hard to re-find

that's what all those people who forward dated long hoods to impact bumpers said as they threw away their 2.2 E motors and replaced them with 3.0 engines.

flares can be removed.  Original engines - very hard to re-find

Ask @JonoF

Ask @JonoF

Never split the matching numbers engine from the chassis!  20 years down the track, some poor shmuck like me will buy it and then start looking for the original engine! 

If you need some extra cash, find the original 2.2L from my 1971 911E! A $5000 reward is on offer!!! 

Haha ok thanks guys.

If i find a way of keeping it, i will. Now. how to convince the wife...

My motto, as many on this forum have witnessed, is that it is far easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. I have two secret 911s that my wife doesn't know about....

My motto, as many on this forum have witnessed, is that it is far easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. I have two secret 911s that my wife doesn't know about....

Haha happy wife happy life mate. That's my motto. Grateful that she's cool with me spending the coin on doing barney up already so better to be upfront about it.

Dont have spare garages to be hiding engines/spare 911's either haha 

Haha happy wife happy life mate. That's my motto. Grateful that she's cool with me spending the coin on doing barney up already so better to be upfront about it.

Dont have spare garages to be hiding engines/spare 911's either haha 

I just hide them around the streets near @turboT 's house. ;)

@jonof has @turbot sold you his 911 roller yet?  :lol:

What? A roller that needs rescuing.... sounds like my kinda car. 

@turboT - what have you been hiding from me?  BTW - I moved my trailer this morning. ;) 

be careful mate. My recent 912 acquisition took less than 24hrs to to get back to the misses. A certain unnamed individual on PFA blabbed to his wife and....

Tuesday night was spent explaining the virtues and potential investment opportunities (zero) of a dusty, engineless non runner from Kansas.

you better hope our wives never meet ?

thanks for clearing the 912 owners club Paddington parking spot ?

Archived