Krazy Kombi

That is very cool. It doesn't look like it is even based on a Kombi shell either. It looks completely custom. Gas Monkey Garage, built a shortie bus similar, which is just a chopped down Kombi, but it was stupidly unstable, as in if you hit the brakes too hard it could roll over forward!

181627_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

They are toyworld cars and if you aren't trying to project a tuff image , a bit of a laff and a bit of fun.

You'd attract a crowd that's for sure. People would marvel at the skills' it's not just another variation on the theme of VWs , 911s , WRXs etc.

This is a great thread you have started tazz ,,I have a real soft spot for the humble kombi and love seeing vehicles that have had ground up resto,s or crazy custom hot rod work done on them ,there are so many outstanding examples of these online ..............:) There seems to be a very strong following and popularity for air cooled VW,s world wide these days ,,,as you said I think it has to do with it being a bit of a laugh and a bit of fun ,,,they kinda have a feel good vib about them :D 

8d33f892268106ab4cc8f1435c9ebd41.jpg

I love Kombis, i did my first trip away surfing in one with some mates to Byron in '81 and had a ball, girls, waves......other stuff.:ph34r:

I nearly got one last Christmas that a photographer was using as a wedding car, it was the right price and tastefully restored.

I would still love one.

ya3cb67cc8bfb250d8520acfac756d7ad8af1bde

It's very cartoonish isn't it.

Archived