Sydney people - Restaurants near Wooloomooloo

Mike-S

Wife and I have made a late booking for this weekend to get away from Melbourne's crap weather, we're staying at Ovolo in Wooloomooloo pier from Friday arvo to Sunday. Any locals have recommendations for restaurants for Friday and Saturday night (or ones to avoid)? Ideally within walking distance, I can't be fagged renting a car this time so we're going to rough it on, *ahem* public transport or Uber. Possibly going going to try Kingsleys on the pier, fancy a decent steak or maybe the curry joint, but if anyone has any must do recommendations I'd appreciate it. It's 8 years since I lived in Sydney and I didn't make it to Wooloomooloo often, other than for pie 'n' mash at Harry's B)

Might have to pay CTS a visit on Satdee just for a squizz at the displays...

Wife and I have made a late booking for this weekend to get away from Melbourne's crap weather, we're staying at Ovolo in Wooloomooloo pier from Friday arvo to Sunday. Any locals have recommendations for restaurants for Friday and Saturday night (or ones to avoid)? Ideally within walking distance, I can't be fagged renting a car this time so we're going to rough it on, *ahem* public transport or Uber. Possibly going going to try Kingsleys on the pier, fancy a decent steak or maybe the curry joint, but if anyone has any must do recommendations I'd appreciate it. It's 8 years since I lived in Sydney and I didn't make it to Wooloomooloo often, other than for pie 'n' mash at Harry's B)

you are staying ontop of great restaurants. China Doll is a favorite. The new hotel looks good. Got parents in town, but could maybe get away for an hour or so on Sunday. What time do you fly out?

you are staying ontop of great restaurants. China Doll is a favorite. The new hotel looks good. Got parents in town, but could maybe get away for an hour or so on Sunday. What time do you fly out?

Awesome, thanks. We've often admired the hotel over the years and wanted to stay there, so grabbing the last room today was a bonus.

We owe you dinner don't forget, so next time we're up there ?

Fly out at 5.30pm Sunday, would be great to catch up even if only for an hour.

Would have to strongly recommend Matt Morans family restaurant Chiswick . Its 10 mins from where you are . This is truly one of Sydney's best . Other then that if you want to get full fancy book into any of the restaurants at The Old Clare Hotel in Chippendale . Nice set up there but Chiswick is still my fav !

Of course you can hit any of the big names and they will deliver! 

But try some of these: 

Firedoor - Surry Hills - all wood fired menu - https://www.firedoor.com.au

Fix Wine Bar - Great food, interesting wines always, Stu is a friend of mine and a Porsche tragic too- http://www.fixwine.com.au 

Nel - This flies under the radar, check it out, good value 8 course degustation = $99 - http://nelrestaurant.com.au 

Black by Ezard - Top venue, top wine list & sommeliers, the food is as good as any without the price tag  - http://www.blackbyezard.com.au 

none of those are far from you, worth the short cab ride. 

Archived