New (to me) 996 C4S

Arnage

Well some of you mat have guessed by now that I now have a C4S.

I did a deal with Skidmarks (Sven) to swap my Carrera 3.0 for his 60,000klm C4S. It has to be said that the decision is a head over heart one as I totally loved the C3, however being in the beautiful Cairns area does have disadvantages. Its very hot, & no A/C is a problem even though I thought it wouldn't be. There is no real Porsche guys up here especially for a car that old & it was always on my mind, you know, the what if question. So for practical reasons it made more sense. I am regretting the absence of the C3 it was just brilliant. Its worth mentioning that the swap process was very straight forward & easy and thats mainly to do with Svens honesty & the assistance of Don Munro who checked both cars. 

The C4S is a great car that has had all the work done such as The IMS Solution, new clutch, coil packs, tyres, wheel align, major service etc etc. As you can imagine with such low klm's its like new & even smells like new.

I have just completed the Sports Exhaust mod known as the PSE Hack which has made a huge difference to the totally anonymous factory sound. I fitted the side decals which are a dark metallic grey matt stripe & black gloss lettering (hard to tell in this light & rubbish photography) but you get the idea. Also thinking of painting the wheels to match the stripe, possibly going to paint the spoiler section on the engine lid black ( a used one will do for this). Other things will probably get in the way of this in the short term though.

My mates have named the car "J Lo" don't know why, see last pic!

IMG_1329_zpsrhdg0jip.jpg

IMG_1321_zps8z67x6fx.jpgIMG_1328_zpskbxjfbzx.jpgFullSizeRender_zpsrouycodc.jpg

Congrats Arnage these are an awsome looking car. Three years ago when I was kicking tyres the S4 was in my budget fast forward 12 months the boat sailed and I was left high and dry so to speak. Enjoy that air conditioner.

Nice one Arnage. I really did like your 3.0 though, but glad to see it's kept within the PFA family.

Glad to see you're enjoying the C4S Ian.  For my part, the C3 is more than a fair trade.  Such a nice sorted car.  Throttle response from the webers fueling that 3.2 short stroke is terrific.

I'm planning a few tasty mods for it as well so once they come on, I'll update.

Nice arse.  And I mean that in a really butch, back slappy, manly, now lets have a beer way ...

Hi Sven

looking forward to your mods. I found a video clip I made of the C3. Great sounding car. Tried to upload to photo bucket so i could share but failed twice.

yes, great rump. 

Loving the short shift as well. Way better than the standard.

Beautiful C4S. For me, this has become one of my favourite 911 models from an aesthetic point of view, I've never drive one so can't comment further. 

No doubting the C4S is a beauty, especially with those low k's but I'm surprised at the straight swap for your C3, that is a very tasty car and one that I certainly admired. 

Beautiful C4S. For me, this has become one of my favourite 911 models from an aesthetic point of view, I've never drive one so can't comment further. 

No doubting the C4S is a beauty, especially with those low k's but I'm surprised at the straight swap for your C3, that is a very tasty car and one that I certainly admired. 

Not a straight swop.

Hey mate, Nice C4S, i really wanted one but always slightly out of budget so had to settle for a C2 instead, which i am more than happy with. I have a question in regards to the PSE exhaust hack you did, i am after this as well but no muffler places seem to have any idea how to do them down in Melbourne. Who did it for you and is it switchable?

Have a look here http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/9809-whats-the-best-996-sports-exhaust/?page=1

Sled's post with pics is the most simple to understand. Also read mine regarding what works on earlier 996 (Gundo only for these).

My posts are only a summary of what I researched & I suggested you do your own just to make sure it is correct for you & your car. Heaps of info online about these Hacks

Archived