After our first Motorkhana in December last year and due to a great response from participants, it's now that time to announce Motorkhana R2!

DSC06868.jpg

What is a Motorkhana?

Motorkhana days are all about friendly competition and having fun in a controlled environment with like-minded individuals. The courses are made up of cones laid out on a large skid pan for you to follow around.

It's a great way to learn your car whilst having some room to move and make mistakes which shouldn't end up with your car in pieces.

How did the last Motorkhana go?

For anyone who's interested in a wrap up how it was last time, take a look at the last page of the previous  

Where?

Foresite training facility - Banfield Ct, Laverton North VIC

When?

8am - 5pm Sunday 12th of April

How much?

$100 per driver and lunch is included. Passengers & spectators are free. 

What do I need?

Personal Requirements:

• A regular drivers license, CAMS (optional) or AASA (optional)
  • Long sleeve and long pants of non-synthetic material. 
  • Enclosed footwear of some type.

Vehicle Requirements: 

• Vehicle in good running condition, this includes: 
  • Tyres in roadworthy condition with enough tread 
  • No oil or fluid leaks 
  • Brakes in good working condition 
  • No loose parts, including battery 
  • Vehicle interior and boot clear from loose objects (including spare wheel) 
  • Aftermarket bonnets (CF/Fibreglass/etc) will require a secondary restraint, such as a strap/chain/belt/pins). This is not required for factory bonnets.

Multiple driver cars?

If you are wishing to share a vehicle with a friend please make sure you note that in your entry form so that we can assign you with enough gap between you that we don't not slow the event down. You both will need to submit an entry each.

What about maps?

The Course Maps and the Days Full Running Sheet will be publish a few days before the event.

Will my car be covered by insurance?

Your car will not be covered by insurance at the facility. We have driver instruction insurance for the day which includes public indemnity and covers the facility. Any damage which is caused by you to the facility, you will need to pay for.

How do I enter?

Signup schedule is as follows:

• Sunday 22nd of Feb - 9:00am - signup opens 
  • Sunday 8th of March - 11:59pm - signup closes or until full
  • Tuesday 10th of March - entrants announced
  • Wednesday 18th of March - payment is due, any entrants who have not paid will forfeit their spot and be given to anyone on the waiting list
  • Sunday 12th of April - Motorkhana!

Once entries are received, payment information will be sent out. Please pay promptly to secure your spot. Groupings and supp regulations will be released closer to the date. 

There is a maximum of 22 entries for this event so if you want you or your friends to be driving, sign up and get your money in to lock in your spot! It is first come first served in regards to registrations, so don't leave it too late or you might miss out! There will be a waiting list so if anyone drops out, you might be able to steal their spot.

Other notes:

• Everybody is welcomed, no matter how new or experienced you are at driving. We are friendly and encourage newcomers. 
  • There will be instructors available who will be available all day if you're not sure or need a little help.
  • Passengers will be allowed after the first session and will continue at the discretion of organisers. They will have to sign an indemnity form at the start of the day.
  • Please be on time! There will be scrutineering at the start of the day prior to driver briefing and you are also required to visit the pit office for document checks/filling in indemnity form. 
  • There will be a driver's briefing prior to commencing at approximately 8:45AM. All drivers are required to attend the driver's briefing or will not be allowed to participate. 
  • Please make sure your car is prepared, the quicker everybody is ready to go and have their car checked, the more track time we can have. 
  • No scrutineering, no driver briefing or no form means you will miss out.
  • This is not a serious event, we are all here to have an enjoyable day. Please drive safely and follow instructions, or you will be banned from further driving. 

For the people who are borderline and concerned about risks or damage to their car:

• Risk is less than driving on the road since you will be in a controlled environment and be doing slower speeds than you normally would be
  • Tyre wear is minimal due to the concrete surface even when you're sliding
  • There shouldn't be any mechanical damage to your car as you shouldn't be stressing any limits unlike on a track
  • You will have plenty of space to make mistakes meaning you won't hit anything
  • Only one car will be on the course at a time which means there should not be any collisions
  • You don't have to use handbrake, some people prefer not to use their handbrake, it's your preference

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking for helpers on the day to direct cars, time and help out with organizing lunch. You don't need to be a driver to do this and you will briefed on the morning of the event. Lunch and drinks will be provided for organisers.

Also we would like a first aider as well. 

The first event was a real success. I was in no state to drive so I helped out instead. Had a good time doing it. Volunteers help make these events run smoothly. If you can help Mike and co. in any capacity, jump in.

PS. If any one has a portable shade tent, please bring it along.

Hi Mike,

I'm not putting my name down to compete as I have a posse of peeps (Simon, Bruce, Hugh & me) who are looking to use the event as a testing ground for our PFA VID project. I'm encouraging Hugh to drive as we might use him and his car as our guinea pig, as well, I will have a car there...

What is the minimum number we have to have to keep this a Pcar only event?

Do you have any small gabs of video that you might be able to stick up on youdude to show anyone thinking about coming what they might be expect?

K

Archived