The most over engineered car in the world.  Amazing to watch them work, but in man hours there must already be 2000+ hours spent on this build.  Even the bonnet release must have taken 10 to 20 hours to make all those brackets (they even said on the video we would not believe how long they took).   How could you possibly insure a car like Binky?  Even a minor bingle in the front would take months to fix with all the custom components they have manufactured. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ how much traffic will it really see though?  They admitted the escargot was basically a binky transporter.  It will be doing show rounds for years.

on a different topic what’s the popular opinion on the logifold?

Can’t see why it wouldn’t work ok even if peak power could be higher

that manifold I'm sure will work but how well it works will be another matter.

hp & torque may be down from the original installation and it may experience a couple flat spots in the rev band due to turbulence or even negative shock waves. It will be interesting to see the results. Beautiful fabrication non the less.

I think the manifold will work fine, and I love the complexity of the bonnet release. It is a work of art, but I would have just run a longer cable down to the hinge point where the front end flips and back up to the catch. Easy ;)

• 1 month later...

I don’t think they have $$$ but they do appear to have available time.  If you look at the materials they haven’t spent much at all on the mini.   The ecu and the replacement panels are about the only stuff bought in.  The rest is parts scavenged from other cars and raw materials.  

wives are probably happy to watch partners focussed and working on goals.  Lots of guys spend this much time commuting / watching football / drinking at pub / clicking controllers at flashing pixels / insert waste of time here.  In my humble experience partners get annoyed at perceived idle time, not total time spent apart.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Devastated with the engine decision!

Currently having the 3S-GTE from my MR2 turbo fully rebuilt. Using a much stronger 5S-FE block and 3S-GTE head to create a 5S-GTE, forged oversized stroker pistons, lumpy cams and rebuilt high-flowed snail should be good for ~330-350 RWHP on BP98. If I go E85 and a few upgrades to the peripherals should see over 500 RWHP!