Rosberg retires?

LeeM

Rumours are the young German Pascal Wehrlein is in with a real chance of taking the seat. 

I reckon it's just what F1 needs to shake up the old guard, been impressed with some of his qualifying in the less than competitive Manor. 

Aaaah Louis Hamilton....The Kanye West of Motorsport. That's all I have to say about him....

Nico Rosberg on the other hand.....what a champ! He has nothing more to prove,he did it...family time now!

I was lucky enough to be right beneath the podium when he won in Melbourne in 2014 !

I'll miss him...

_MG_7264rosberg.jpg

Hamilton is such a cock - its ridiculous. I think Verstappen will eventually match him for arrogance though.

Rosberg always seemed like an also-ran to me, great driver, just not at the peak of the sport. I wouldn't put it past Mercedes giving him the edge car wise over Hamilton to get a German champion. F1 has been on the wane in Germany for some time now and it makes lots of financial sense for them to do it.

I really liked Nico Rosberg, and good on him for doing what he has done.

My two bits......

I was having a chat with another forum member (Chris GT4) on the weekend discussing who is going to be LH's  eerrrr "team mate":ph34r:

VERSTAPPEN was suggested.    

That.......I would like to see, he will be a multiple world champ if he doesn't wipe himself out in the process.

LH (along with everyone else out there) are scared shiteless of him.  (ha ha and justifiably so)  

He can drive, but he is at that age where he has no fear.

Plus it would free D.R. up a bit.

HAMILTON would hate it.....and that would be a terrible shame.

Having said that, it is F1 ........and LH really is a sensational driver......but unfortunately he is just a natural AH as well.

Hamilton is such a cock - its ridiculous. I think Verstappen will eventually match him for arrogance though.

Rosberg always seemed like an also-ran to me, great driver, just not at the peak of the sport. I wouldn't put it past Mercedes giving him the edge car wise over Hamilton to get a German champion. F1 has been on the wane in Germany for some time now and it makes lots of financial sense for them to do it.

Hamilton's a cock agreed but imo Verstappen is a different cat than him, I don't think his arrogance will be immature like Hamilton's I think he displays absolute maturity beyongd his years and often drives right in the razors edge  and never displays disrespect to any driver or the team. I think he's absolutely one outta the box and will be a great champion (multi) and with average luck very soon. I think he is great for Riccardo and will continue to push him and with average luck DR will land the title in one or 3 years. Hard to say Rosberg seemed like an also ran and not at the peak of the sport, when he led the championship for the last third of the season, definately at the peak of the sport - he won the title! Interesting view on the Merc team and the cynic in me agrees with you especially since they shuffled mechanics etc from driver to driver mid season. But I think it's such a world view overall that they aint concerned with trying on the romanticism of a German driver winning the title in the motherland's car. It's too big of a business to gamble with those secondary things for a feelgood outcome. They always 99% knew since 2/3 through the year that their driver would win the world title and most probably runner up as well and the constructors title (knew that since the season began)! Would make a bit, but really bugger all difference to their sales in Germany if NR won instead of LH.... and the German MB market would be about a poofteenth of the world market for MB compared to ROW

• 1 month later...

Archived