Rosberg retires?

LeeM

Yeah I just saw this. Wonder if he's been offered a drive at Porsche in the WEC. He would be good there I think.

On another note, I was watching the WRC Rally Australia last night and I reckon they said Mercedes are coming in to rallying next year.

Refreshing to see a guy achieve his goal and step away and look for the next challenge.  Big egos in Motorsport so I reckon this is a nice change. Nothing more to prove, no longer "just his fathers son".  Good for him.

Reckon I respect him more for retiring whilst ontop and putting his family first. A very high pressure job that would ultimately take its toll.

Shame one other particular driver doesn't follow suit!

love to see weber ,button and now rosberg give the mountain a shake down

Now THAT would be interesting! Especially after Button and Lowndes swapped cars a few years ago

Would be great to see Weber in an RSR at Bathurst

Could be Ricardos year coming up. With Verstappen pushing him and the car changes favouring the Redbulls and neutralising the MB a bit, he is right in the window for the ultimate chocolates, and has everything need to be a very worthy champ. Good on Rosberg, Could stay pretty much in Europe all year still racing and for half the money, makes total sense with a family.

Interesting to see what they all earn. Amazed Vettel is on $50000000 plus and that Verstappen is only on 650000 ...Alonso $40000000 plus, gobsmacked!

Screenshot%20134_zpsbcpblxyk.jpg

I reckon you could see it in Rosberg's demeanour lately, he's an intelligent, normal guy, not a stereotypical F1 brat.  He's at the peak, '16 F1 WC, MB Team, and c*@khead team mate.  Who'd want to deal with a team mate like Hamilton or Vettel (Raikonnen excepted as he doesn't give a flying farq about much).

Imagine dealing with LH next year when he really wants to prove a point and out c*@khead himself...  Rosberg has too much dignity for that.

Keke was the man in his day.

7d741f36a8eb0ec85a0736d4730312dd.jpg

Imagine dealing with LH next year when he really wants to prove a point and out c*@khead himself... 

A bit hard to do when he does it week in week out

He's the sort of person that would believe Rosberg quit because of him

Don't forget he's a high achiever and he'll train thoroughly in the off season in an effort to ascend (descend?) to new, never before experienced levels of c*@kheadedness.  And if anybody can do it...

I reckon you're right Lee. You know, I used to like Hamilton a 3 or 4 years back when I had a passing interest and then I really started watching it all properly this season and in James May speak he is a cock! After the last race he never even utterted a grunt in Rosbergs general direction  until an obligatory very short congrats on the podium interview. When the final siren rings in sport you drop your hands and hug the other bloke and wish him all the best. The chatter that Rosberg didn't deserve it is the biggest loadabullshit. I'm tipping Verstappen goes to MB for mega bucks, he takes no prisoners, love his style!

I'm the same with LH

He used to be a humble, yet VERY talented driver whom I respected for his tenacity and never give up attitude. To nearly win a world title in your first year is unfathomable,  yet he very nearly did it, so there's no question about his driving ability

Sadly, his actions on track with ignoring team orders, and off track his social media comments over the past 2 years has just made him look as an utter twat

As I type this, I've just watched Rosberg's press conference as he announces his retirement, then we see Hamiltons comments about not having won a title for 18 years, so it was expected that he'd retire. What an arrogant nonce! 

To align himself with Senna (as he has said before) is not only ridiculous, but downright insulting to any driver of the Senna era. No F1 driver with the technological driver aids today could hold a stick to Senna, Prost, Mansell, Rosberg snr etc 

Agree with all the comments here about the utter cock that is LH.

Good luck to Nico with what ever he does in the future, I suppose a good thing to come from this will be that hopefully LH's next team mate will be a Verstappen, Danny Ric or similar, so LH really has his hands full. I respect Nico, but he doesn't really have that edge, especially in the wet ! Just hope that LH doesn't have the pull at the team like Vettel etc, who end up having a say on who their team mate is or else it's gonna be the last few years all over again ! 

I'd love to see Verstappen in the Merc, especially beating LH hands down. Max would shut LH down in the mental game very quickly too, as he is just like his dad was in F1, yet I highly doubt the Red Bull owner would let him go regardless of money offered.

Is that new Canadian kid going to get the drive I wonder? Maybe Mercedes want to groom a new driver into their mould, as they already have who is arguably one of the best drivers and the best car on the grid. I'm sure we'll know soon enough

Agree with all the comments here about the utter cock that is LH.

Good luck to Nico with what ever he does in the future, I suppose a good thing to come from this will be that hopefully LH's next team mate will be a Verstappen, Danny Ric or similar, so LH really has his hands full. I respect Nico, but he doesn't really have that edge, especially in the wet ! Just hope that LH doesn't have the pull at the team like Vettel etc, who end up having a say on who their team mate is or else it's gonna be the last few years all over again ! 

Saw Hamilton on the news - what a total asshole. I've never liked him, he even trashed his own Dad for a while. His lack of just an ounce of respect for his peers makes him look like a dick. I hope he suffers a series of mechanical failures and struggles to place. Would be good to see him go out on a long loosing streak. 

I think you are right about Nico. I heard a commentator saying his Dad has raised him with a degree of caution - due to the carnage his old man saw during his career. Could explain that caution he seems to have at times. 

Who cares I guess, he's world champion they can't ever take that away from him. 

I thought Nico had always been as diplomatic as possible when the handbag throwing has been stirred up by those annoying Sky Sports presenters who seem to thrive on gutter journalism, yet you can always see that he has something else he wants to say.

Archived