xmas came early

turboT

The only thing I see in your photo, is the seat back tilt knob should be round & not rectangular shape. Depending on the car these are going into.

sportseatcompare.gif

good pick up and easily replaced if I can be bothered

What happened to the spare pair of seats that came in the car? Weren't they the originals from his Magnusness?

original to 'his' car, but not original period to 'the' car. Its a fine line I am treading I know and most items I am leaving untouched, but where Magnus had no involvement I will keep gathering up period correct original parts for a 76 turbo that I will either install or save with the car. The seats for me are just not right and need to be original. I have move those seats on, but know where they are should I ever have second thoughts.

The leather dash he personally replaced, with leather he also used for his 964 project interior, leather left over from his previous fashion business....that I will leave ;)  

@turboT, @Smule might have a use for your 80's sports seats

Michael is first inline, but if that doesn't work out no problem. They owe me $2500US, so will be looking for something similar

original to 'his' car, but not original period to 'the' car. Its a fine line I am treading I know and most items I am leaving untouched, but where Magnus had no involvement I will keep gathering up period correct original parts for a 76 turbo that I will either install or save with the car. The seats for me are just not right and need to be original. I have move those seats on, but know where they are should I ever have second thoughts.

The leather dash he personally replaced, with leather he also used for his 964 project interior, leather left over from his previous fashion business....that I will leave ;)  

Hey Tom, I'm interested to know what changes the Magnus made to the black beauty, was it an original type of car when he brought it or a rebuilt bastard or a bucket of bolts? What mods does it have?

Hey Tom, I'm interested to know what changes the Magnus made to the black beauty, was it an original type of car when he brought it or a rebuilt bastard or a bucket of bolts? What mods does it have?

a light Magnus touch. Lowered, wheels and tires is pretty much it. And the repaired dash. This is pretty standard for most of his cars. The LE twin exhaust was put on by the previous owner, but he was a fighter pilot, so in someways even cooler, and i am going to keep in place. Door cards where upgraded at some point to later 930, which I will be looking at getting original replacements. It also has the US additional under dash aircon but that is way too useful to rip out. Other than that she is a stock, matching numbers 76 930. 

Should be getting my 85 back from AH this week and I will be checking in the 76 for a full warts and all inspection. I will be building up a comprehensive list of every damaged, replaced, knackered, non original elements of the car. Anything Mechanical/electrical will be given priority. Everything else will be considered as to what should stay, and what could be restored or returned to original. I am keeping anything that comes off the car, but non of the above will detract from the fact that I want to regularly drive this car and it won't be treated as a garage queen. As evidence of this the tyres I put on a few months ago arnt going to  last too long into 2017'...

it won't be treated as a garage queen. As evidence of this the tyres I put on a few months ago arnt going to  last too long into 2017'...

1 night at brighton Le Sands and they wouldnt last 2016.. come on get some attitude .. tyres for Christmas Tom

They look period correct to me, I had them in my 76 Turbo 

CIMG2810%20copy_zps3s6c9zmz.jpg

they are, but I did read somewhere that the seat adjuster does have a round button, not square in the early seats. Like most things Porsche, parts do get a bit blurred when transitioning from one year to another. This could have easily of been a small change from a 77car to a 78 car, but I think the older button can found and changed over if I want to 

a light Magnus touch. Lowered, wheels and tires is pretty much it. And the repaired dash. This is pretty standard for most of his cars. The LE twin exhaust was put on by the previous owner, but he was a fighter pilot, so in someways even cooler, and i am going to keep in place. Door cards where upgraded at some point to later 930, which I will be looking at getting original replacements. It also has the US additional under dash aircon but that is way too useful to rip out. Other than that she is a stock, matching numbers 76 930. 

Should be getting my 85 back from AH this week and I will be checking in the 76 for a full warts and all inspection. I will be building up a comprehensive list of every damaged, replaced, knackered, non original elements of the car. Anything Mechanical/electrical will be given priority. Everything else will be considered as to what should stay, and what could be restored or returned to original. I am keeping anything that comes off the car, but non of the above will detract from the fact that I want to regularly drive this car and it won't be treated as a garage queen. As evidence of this the tyres I put on a few months ago arnt going to  last too long into 2017'...

Thanks for that Tom, gotta leave the aircon!

Archived