Formula E

KGB

We all scoffed.

BMW & Audi to field works teams, sponsors clamoring to promote their eProducts, great pool of well accomplished drivers, no F1 B.S., no noise...lots of Big City circuits, great resonance among iPhone welded-on Gens Y, Z and Snowflake.

How will F1 handle the rising marketing challenge?  Ferrari to build an SUV, only a poofteenth away from an eFezza!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And still need to do a pit stop to change cars mid race coz the other cars battery is flat ?

Sure, F1 is handbags at 10 pages and sound like a bunch of Suzuki Swifts at peak hour, yet as technologically clever they are, I'll never show any interest whatsoever in the Scalextric championship! 

Sure, F1 is handbags at 10 pages and sound like a bunch of Suzuki Swifts at peak hour, yet as technologically clever they are, I'll never show any interest whatsoever in the Scalextric   championship! 

I reckon you just might eat those words in a couple of years.

And still are....

did not most of those drivers try F1 and couldn't cut it.....

More like couldnt afford it. 

Ya know your career is over when you get asked to drive in FormulaE

Paid PR article is paid.

the fe champ will never be considered the best driver in the world.  F1/Le mans will remain where it is at.

Yeah Fe would be the only series pushing their own barrow...;)   Audi, Jag & BMW (Mahindra, mawho?) pouring money into it must mean some sort of return is expected.

F1 yes, LM what a competition(!), b/w 4 cars!  And, Patrick Dempsey makes a great driver (sorry, Paid Brand Ambassador) for an actor Doctor.

My point is; the winds are changing and for the younger Gens it'll probably be Fe with all their fan interactiveness etc.   I'm going to follow it with an open (early adopter, Old Man's) mind, together with F1, MotoGP, WRC, Supercars, NASCAR and Motocross (USA Nationals and Sx), plus Hard Enduro.  But I am putting in Solar Panels and trees...

FE is just another over regulated show (boring one at that). They need to throw out the rule book and see what rises to the top as in the early days of motor racing. Sponsors that are onboard are just advertising to the virtue signalers which makes sense for them as it is an easy way to get their limited attention. While we have liquid fuel EV will fail for all the same reasons it did a 100 years ago. It only has a chance if buying decisions are taken out of the hands of the consumer by our overlords who seem to no longer work for the people or in their best interest. 

I agree that Fe is here to stay for a while, and as the tech geeks love that sorta thing, it's probably opened up motorsport to a whole new demographic which is great. I just can't get into it without the noise. I've mostly switched off F1 now, as the sound is just horrid, and I used to be a big fan of it, so it's disappointing when F2 sounds a helluva lot better. Watching Goodwood couple week ago with the old F1 cars screaming past, then Rosberg shows up with the current Mercedes to do a burnout and it sounded like a WRX running on 3 cylinders! I know Fe cars can be quick and possibly provides some good racing, but I doubt it will ever grab true motorsport fans attention to the levels of F1 etc

I agree that Fe is here to stay for a while, and as the tech geeks love that sorta thing, it's probably opened up motorsport to a whole new demographic which is great. I just can't get into it without the noise. I've mostly switched off F1 now, as the sound is just horrid, and I used to be a big fan of it, so it's disappointing when F2 sounds a helluva lot better. Watching Goodwood couple week ago with the old F1 cars screaming past, then Rosberg shows up with the current Mercedes to do a burnout and it sounded like a WRX running on 3 cylinders! I know Fe cars can be quick and possibly provides some good racing, but I doubt it will ever grab true motorsport fans attention to the levels of F1 etc

I agree, unless F1 itself goes electric......!! :o

You lot are so defeatist!  F1 will stay the top level tech category as long as fans make it clear that they want horsepower and noise.

no category survives without a core group of extreme fans.  Series can exist for a while as the advertising dollars push them along but they need the grassroots to efficiently get the crowds and eyeballs along.   We see it all the time from startup football teams and codes to things like the red bull air race.   Sometimes great to watch but only survive when the marginal cost of getting eyeballs is low due to a group of committed fans.

Put some tracks around the circuit and control them using a Scaletrix pistol grip handset from the roof of the pit building.  At least there might be some excitement when someone corners too fast and the Car flips out of the track and lands on its roof and the marshals have to run over and slot it back in.......?

Put some crossovers half way down the straigh for added excitement 

If this crap takes over, I'll take up golf.  No way I'm swapping my noisy anti social turbo rotary race car for a hotted up Tesla.  Yawn.

FE has competition from virtual reality multi player gaming and my money is on the gamers wining as anyone can play or spectate. 

They colud make FE more exciting by putting loud speakers on them and offering prizes for loudest and best sound. Oh wait that would mean they could only do a lap before the batteries go flat. 

Well they have to give Toyota a chance at winning the 24! I can see LMP1 gone, and LMP2 the premier class for privateer teams to be able to have a good crack at outright victory. There will be some sort of back door factory involvement no doubt

It's inevitable that most high end manufacturers will be involved in Scalextric racing to satisfy all the governments 'clean vehicle' bollocks, and have the sooky hipsters saying  'Yeah man, Porsche is eco friendly coz we forced them into it', though it still won't make the series any better to watch or listen to

• 2 weeks later...

The plan is to sell us two EV so you can leave one home charging while driving the other to work but only if it was sunny the day before.

If those elites  from the ruling class with peanuts for brains are unable to shove EV's down our throats the EV would fail for all the same reasons it did 100 years ago.

The future if we go down the Renewables path will be very bleak as not matter how much wishfull thinking there will simply not be enough power to go around or support the lifestyle to which we have become accustom. There will be no public grid as it has been repurposed to supply only the ruling class and even they will be on rationing. Private charge points will be very expensive so only for the rich. I am wondering if I can still buy a cave in a prime location.

Archived