Has the GT2 RS Done a 6.48 at the Ring

Raven

Been see a lot of unconfirmed reports on the rennlist about the 2018 GT2 RS smashing the lap record at the ring .......Porsche still very quiet about this so not sure if this is accurate or not ,they have been spending considerable time and funds on taking back the crown ,,,,?

https://drivetribe.com/p/has-the-porsche-911-gt2-rs-smashed-e35BEwbQQV-9v5LseJ1Cxg?iid=ORpTspEoSgiqHZwwWQCj2A  

BTG-3432.jpg

My guess they have broken the ring record .......I am sceptical that it is 6,48 ..........as good as the new GT2 RS is and lets face it ,,,it is a weapon with out doubt ,,,,I just don,t think it can pull 9 seconds of the 918,s lap time ..but I do hope it has ..

The 918 has more power ,all wheel drive and better aero  , but is a heavier car..........The GT2 is lighter and the that 700BHP engine has mountains of torque ,,,there is also the fact to consider that Porsche know a hell of a lot about set up of 911,s around the ring and they have had some of the best drivers in their employment putting down the laps and looking at the data .

The Huracans time of 6.52 is the one they have to beat to reclaim the crown ,,,,this will be interesting to see what the official time is in the end ,,,,I am very keen to find out 

For sure it can, the latest GT3 did a 7:12 which is faster than the 7/2 RS.  The 991 2RS does circa 40k+ more down the main straight at the Nurburgring than the latest GT3.  

It was always going to be faster than a 918, time marches on and its the daddy of the 911 line up which Porsche has the most history tied to.

The 918 has more power ,all wheel drive and better aero  , but is a heavier car..........T

I've always wondered what the 918 would have been like without the electric motors. ~1300kg (lighter still as a proper coupe) and 650hp would have been interesting.

Called it - absolute weapon bit of kit

You did indeed.   Didn't appear to test the out the speedo either, eg didn't appear to go over 313 km/hr and seemed to do its best work between 5500 and 6000 rpm in 4th. (seems to have some nice instaboost from 5000 to 7000rpm

Anyone know what variant of turbo's they are running?

I've always wondered what the 918 would have been like without the electric motors. ~1300kg (lighter still as a proper coupe) and 650hp would have been interesting.

There were some rumors of a possible none electric 918 like you have suggested at one stage but I think i was just rumors ,,,,,,,,would have been nice ,,more like a Carrera GT type vehicle ..

Archived