Full rego vs Historic rego, does it affect value?

My '88 928 S4 is eligible for Historic rego in about 6 weeks time, and I was wondering whether historic rego might be seen as less valuable in the market? There's obviously a good saving in rego and insurance costs, but interested in forum members thoughts on whether this would affect perceived value of the car.

I don't think the historic rego is actually sold with the car - there are a number of qualifying aspects that any new owner would need to meet to maintain the historic status.

It does impact how often you can drive the vehicle but in recent years it has been made more flexible in NSW.

In Victoria I think it helps the value of a car because there is no stamp duty on transfer. So more money in the pocket of the buyer.

This was an extremely pleasant surprise when I went in to pick up my plates last April. Was a nice saving!

It will make no difference to the value of the car .... a perspective buyer wouldn't think any less of a car one way or the other.

It isn't transferable so effectively they are buying an unregistered car but as others have said, if the new owner also puts it into historic rego, no stamp duty (transfer fee) is payable and at $44 per year in NSW, it'  a very attractive proposition .....

If you become overly concerned, you can always put 12 months full rego on it at the time of sale ....

When it comes time to sell (if it's on historic plates), you can get a blue slip on the car to ease the mind of any potential buyer (meaning they can go to club or full rego as they see fit).  As mentioned, if they're interstate the plates will make no difference either way.

Archived