Hi everyone

My 81 Turbo  has a set of mint sports seats.

However, they spent some time in north QLD and the mound took hold (like what I did there ...?)

Need a full rebuild as I think the smell is impregnated in the seat stuffing. 

Anyone know who is best in Melbourne for this?

Thanks. 

Jason at High Class did the leather trim on my HT Monaro, faultless work, perfect seam matching, re-spring and new foam,  old seats where like new. I had that car for 12 years the trim was perfect from day one.

They do Porsche insurance work for convertible tops etc. 

Highly recommended.

Tell him Fraz sent you he might not rip you off too much, no seriously great bloke. 

http://www.autoupholstery.net.au/

My race seats were on the nose a bit, so me ol mum said to sprinkle Bi carb soda on them and leave them for a day or two then vacuum them. Worked a treat. Bicarb works for a lot of odours around the house....especially expired possums ?

23 minutes ago, LeeM said:

My race seats were on the nose a bit, so me ol mum said to sprinkle Bi carb soda on them and leave them for a day or two then vacuum them. Worked a treat. Bicarb works for a lot of odours around the house....especially expired possums ?

Classic case of "mother knows best" I guess :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, LeeM said:

They're usually right mate ??

They’re all smart.  I mean, seriously ... they had us ...!

Might try the bicarb but suspect its deep into the padding and not just the leather 

I’ll speak to both of the above recommendations. 

Thanks. 

PS - didn’t skip Christmas dinner but have been working on my power to weight issues regardless. Bought a proper mountain bike. Great fun.  Found a new way to scare myself shitless. Full bore down a forest track!!  And then you have to go up the other side ... arrgghh. 

54 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

Might try the bicarb but suspect its deep into the padding and not just the leather 

I’ll speak to both of the above recommendations. 

Might be mate, though if that's the case and you have to retrim them, maybe Targa George's sport seats for sale would be an option? 

55 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

PS - didn’t skip Christmas dinner but have been working on my power to weight issues regardless. Bought a proper mountain bike. Great fun.  Found a new way to scare myself shitless. Full bore down a forest track!!  And then you have to go up the other side ... arrgghh. 

Bought the wrong one...

Sven my 2 cents is to try and keep the original material if possible ( Thats just me ) 

I strongly recommend  Bill Mousa at BM leather Creations in Cremorne / Richmond and get the seats cleaned and coloured

He has done phenomenal work on a lot of old Ferraris and did the seats on my 328 when I had it - Truly beyond belief what he can do with original leather

Worth having a chat to him

• 5 months later...

Archived