1960 Splitscreen Kombi (Rat)

The time has come to part with the Mighty Comet - something else air-cooled has caught my eye and to be honest I'm just not using it these days.

Asking $51,000 ono. All running gear rebuilt, kitted out interior and ready for the next big adventure 

PM or call 0437 seven one eight 889

CarSales ad is here - https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/result ... =makemodel

25720154137_8ebee3c97e_z.jpgIMG_5999 by Cameron Arnott, on Flickr

25720158547_af287d9cbd_z.jpgIMG_8078 by Cameron Arnott, on Flickr

Very cool car for someone who wants the rear deal traveller! And just in time to acquaint yourself with the new purchase before travelling to Valla...

GLWS and I hope your new AC interest is as cool!

I love that thing...:wub:

I just asked Mrs NIKO if I could have it....

Unfortunately she doesn't have the same taste in cars as I have, and the conversation didn't last very long.

I would hate to be having to let that go...It tells stories without even moving.

Good luck with the sale

Great bus for a trip down memory lane!! Hope you have a speedy uncomplicated sale.

Looks like my old one that was ex PMG. I sold it because all the surfie chicks had moved on from Kombi blokes to guys with Holden Sandman's

7 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

Troubleshooter -  the bus is in SA, we don't have roadworthy's here. Inspections are welcome of course.

Ryan....yesssssss

Ahh ...what system do you have in SA instead of "roadies" (must just be a Vic and Qld thing) ...who knows. I know NSW don't have them either. GLWS buy the way

8 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Great bus for a trip down memory lane!! Hope you have a speedy uncomplicated sale.

Looks like my old one that was ex PMG. I sold it because all the surfie chicks had moved on from Kombi blokes to guys with Holden Sandman's

You must be really old 'cause that was the late 70's early 80's, well it was in Newcastle anyway:D

23 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Ahh ...what system do you have in SA instead of "roadies" 

Nothing. Just re rego your car online and that's it ?? Only time you need an inspection is when you buy from interstate for a numbers check (they will have a sneaky look around the car) or you get defected

13 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Nothing. Just re rego your car online and that's it ?? Only time you need an inspection is when you buy from interstate for a numbers check (they will have a sneaky look around the car) or you get defected

Serious? So if I had a car with SA reg I could just sell it to you with faulty brakes and bald tyres etc and it just gets transferred into your name (online?)  and off you go driving it and when reg is due just pay the reg for another 12 months and keep on driving?

28 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Serious? So if I had a car with SA reg I could just sell it to you with faulty brakes and bald tyres etc and it just gets transferred into your name (online?)  and off you go driving it and when reg is due just pay the reg for another 12 months and keep on driving?

Yep. Better yet, cancel the rego so I wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee ? I'd need to fill out a form to put it in my name at the rego office either way which would be the biggest hassle

22 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yep. Better yet, cancel the rego so I wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee ? I'd need to fill out a form to put it in my name at the rego office either way which would be the biggest hassle

Geez, if you sell a Vic registered car to another person in Vic has to have a RWCertificate .......you could have a $5000 good ol 80's car or 90's/00's  European car and it''ll cost more to roadworthy it than it's worth, meaning it's just about in the wreckers bin,

Could not pass because  - windscreen (they always hit you with a windscreen), one heater/air control not working (could mean dash out), oil leaks on engine, gearbox, diff (must be repaired) and any other minefield of smaller cost shit jobs that add up and don't really alter the safety of the car

41 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

it''ll cost more to roadworthy it than it's worth, meaning it's just about in the wreckers bin,

Have read before thats been the Vic governments plan all along to get old bangers off the road, and force people to buy new. SA has relaxed a few regulations with older cars/hot rods etc which has been welcomed by all the owners and clubs, yet I'm sure we'll end up with some sort of annual inspection to throw a spanner in the works

14 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

You must be really old 'cause that was the late 70's early 80's, well it was in Newcastle anyway:D

Yep - very seriously dangerously old. 

I had a 'Kombi moment' in my 911 yesterday  - speeding round a corner & lost rear traction. Lot of noise but my old reactions (from the 1960s) harnessed the drift and I was on my way regardless; even without Traction Control. Women in Toyota Prius's looked scared.  Maybe they were the daughters of those surfie chicks I scared inside my old Kombi in the mid 70s at the Drive-Inn!!   :P

10 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Yep - very seriously dangerously old. 

I had a 'Kombi moment' in my 911 yesterday  - speeding round a corner & lost rear traction. Lot of noise but my old reactions (from the 1960s) harnessed the drift and I was on my way regardless; even without Traction Control. Women in Toyota Prius's looked scared.  Maybe they were the daughters of those surfie chicks I scared inside my old Kombi in the mid 70s at the Drive-Inn!!   :P

or errrr in my case, Grand Daughters....:(

On 3/4/2018 at 6:54 PM, LeeM said:

But.... if you do get defected in SA, you have to go over the pits, and it has to be fixed. NSW (apparently ;)) you can just get a dodgy mechanic to sign it off and you are good to go.

5 minutes ago, MFX said:

But.... if you do get defected in SA, you have to go over the pits, and it has to be fixed. NSW (apparently ;)) you can just get a dodgy mechanic to sign it off and you are good to go.

Vic you can get a dodgy mechanic , if you can find one and they don't exist anymore generally ... they have to supply Vicroads with photos etc for every roady  .... Been 10 years since I last had one but used to have to get a RWCertificate and present that with the car to local copshop for them to remove the canary (defect notice)

7 minutes ago, MFX said:

Correct, though I think for minor defects you can go to the cop shop. That's how it used to be anyway

On 04/03/2018 at 7:43 PM, LeeM said:

So if I had a car with SA reg I could just sell it to you with faulty brakes and bald tyres etc and it just gets transferred into your name (online?)  and off you go driving it and when reg is due just pay the reg for another 12 months and keep on driving?

Just bought a car from WA and it's the same easy system as SA re roadworthy vehicles Lee - great system compared to here in Vic! Wonder how it works in NT, ACT and Tas..

Sorry hijack Cam, just keeping your hippy bus thread alive for you :D

1 hour ago, Cam Arnott said:

Annual inspections for cars older than five years in the NT.

And DO NOT call it a hippy bus again....tsk tsk!  :rolleyes:

Annual inspections, no fun at all I'd think.... 

Sorry mate hippies blown into the weeds now -  here's the bizRelated image

Archived