[SYD & NEWCASTLE] 2 Day Mid-West Run 5-6th May 2018

Hi @TINGY944

I hear ya loud and clear. Throwing everything but the kitchen sink at my current employer in an attempt to convince them to give me the weekend off. I'm a shift worker at the airport and as everyone knows, the airport never stops. I'll know by the end of the coming week.

I'm dying to come along. Caver's trips are something else.

Stand by,

Targa george

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay,  got the PM,  thanks Caver. 

I've been doing some RFS work today at the Menai and surrounds bush fires so I'll have a better read of the message tomorrow. 

My parents have a small farm only about 25 mins away from the overnight stop.

Alright, I'm in.  I've booked at a pub which also has motel rooms and off street parking.

The fall back position was to stay and Mum's and Dad's place which is near by but I'm staying there now for the next few days so there's no real need to stay with them in a few weeks time.

There are some great driving and scenic roads around here.....

47 minutes ago, jakroo said:

Alright, I'm in.  I've booked at a pub which also has motel rooms and off street parking.

Thanks for the update....will you be bringing a passenger or not?

Ok peeps i hope the car's are prepped and ready to go for the drive next week.

If i can offer one piece of advice, buy yourself an extra drive belt and bring the tools required to change it, just in case, this happened on our last big weekend away and while it was an adventure getting a replacement there were a lot of anxious moments. In the end it was smiles all round but we were very lucky to get away with it. This is also the time of year that batteries fail with the weather getting cooler, so if in doubt change it out, and remember the 6 P's, prior preparation prevents piss poor performance, well usually anyway:D

Well 6 of us are in Lithgow ready to rock, we have full belly's and calling it an early night saving up for a big night in Crookwell  sat night.

We had a great day meeting up with each other and coming down the Putty Rd, in fact we almost had it to ourselves.

We have had a great evening having some beers and a laugh, actually i have enjoyed catching up with everyone more than the driving so far, looking forward to tomorrow.

After a great morning run along the Bells Line of Road, I'm in Lithgow.  Stunning weather.

Putting some fuel into the car and then off to meet the crew.....

What a ripper of a day.  Awesome roads with a mix of tight and sweeping corners, dry and generally empty roads in the Blue  Mountains to Southern Highlands back roads.

A great day of driving to bring us back to our starting point.

The cultural event of a visit and tour of Abercrombie caves was fun.

A mix of cars..... 

front engined-tick

rear engined-tick

mid engined-tick

dirty import-tick

water cooled-tick

Imposter Porsche-tick

air cooled-tick (amended from nope due to me being a dope)

Many, many thanks to all of you for the fun, and a special thanks to Caver for his making of all the arrangements and keeping us on the agenda.

A real cracker of a weekend.

Another fantastic drive. Great roads, excellent weather and fantastic company. Thanks Tingy for a drive in the turbo and thanks to David for organising.I want to here the exhaust on the 928 again!

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

A great day of driving to bring us back to our starting point.

The cultural event of a visit and tour of Abercrombie caves was fun.

A mix of cars..... 

front engined-tick

rear engined-tick

mid engined-tick

dirty import-tick

water cooled-tick

Imposter Porsche-tick

air cooled-nope

Many, many thanks to all of you for the fun, and a special thanks to Caver for his making of all the arrangements and keeping us on the agenda.

A real cracker of a weekend.

What do you mean Air Cooled nope. What do you think a 993 is. ?

Well another successful weekend organized by the professional @Caver Outstanding as they always are and led capably once again to get us on some of the most amazing back roads in NSW.

For me it started on Friday as i met fellow Novocastrian @Peter M in his VW, unfortunately the rebuild on his 3.2 took a bit longer than expected, then @targa george drove up from Sydney to meet us as well as @Port 911 and @Steve 72.

Our trip was to begin with a trip down the Putty Rd to meet another PFA'er @PTINS in his lovely sounding 928 at the Colo Riverside Cafe for lunch. It was then off to our overnight stop in Lithgow and a fun night of a couple of drinks and a fine dining experience in the motel restaurant.

Unfortunately we had to stop for a while on the way down the Putty as they were clearing large rocks which had come loose.

fdugrrs.jpg

0i3JMU1.jpg

vRcjgeV.jpg

Cz0pdK8.jpg

Fun night eating and bench racing, George you are a funny guy

AAwD0w2.jpg

PmLevNw.jpg

It was Saturday morning and a real chill in the air and on our cars

I2W8CtX.jpg

E5wzI22.jpg

We met Caver and the rest of the boys in downtown Lithgow where it had thankfully warmed up then it was off on our first leg to Oberon for a coffee

GoMK2eS.jpg

kn3YXNx.jpg

224UkAv.jpg

These guys are relatively new to PFA

aNX765f.jpg

The roads we did out of Oberon were epic with a mix of long and flowing to some tight and twisty sections then on to Taralga for lunch. 

5Zm8rDW.jpg

OdE5IxZ.jpg

After a big day it was off to Crookwell for the night and we woke to another freezing morning then off to the main street for brekky

CMzLR2j.jpg

P6wDDw4.jpg

dNX23hz.jpg

Vwi8huF.jpg

zESalb6.jpg

rFt2uC2.jpg

Just before lunch we headed to Abercrombie Caves for our cultural experience of the weekend led by the Caveman @Caver He had an intimate knowledge of the place and it was like having our very own tour guide showing us the highlights and some history of the cave system and also his experiences he has had over the years caving.

r5G7mR8.jpg

bSAyt1p.jpg

OhcJgSB.jpg

HRyg8p0.jpg

GulLIjP.jpg

1dYMN8l.jpg

0LLGdtH.jpg

Caver showing us around the place

U6RtoDn.jpg

n9xWd1R.jpg

JuSSKdw.jpg

What do you mean he can't piddle there?

SA0XARo.jpg

UOZd2Rc.jpg

IDDDlE4.jpg

A fantastic weekend with a great bunch of people all brought together by this awesome PFA community, i look forward to the next one and thanks Dave for organizing.:D

Archived