[SYD & NEWCASTLE] 2 Day Mid-West Run 5-6th May 2018

Attention Greater Sydney & Newcastle drivers

Seeking expressions of interest for a 2 day drive in the mid-western slopes of the Blue Mountains.  Starting and finishing in Lithgow NSW, this run is 470kms in total, 50% of which is new route for us.  There will be plenty of social time.  Pub meals and country accommodation.

I have chosen 5th - 6th May as the weather will be cooler for our air cooled friends, plus PeterM should have his new engine by then!

Post your interest below.  I will PM details in the coming weeks.

Cheers!

David.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work as always David!

For those north of Sydney, we are planning on a preliminary run on the 4 May that will end in Lithgow or thereabouts on Friday night ready for Caver's Mystery Jaunt the following morning.

Most likely we'll commence from the Hunter Expressway late morning and take either the Putty or Bylong Valley Way. Might even do some sort of cultural event on the way like last time where we all walked the abandoned Catalina Race Circuit.

So can the northerners also nominate who's up for the pre run run please?

Also suggestions for our cultural interlude otherwise I'll assume you'll trust my judgement!

Thanks David and Pete, sounds good.

I'll be down in Sydney till the Thursday night, considering both options, I'm leaning towards joining my Northern brethren to get an extra days drive in...May the 4th be with you!

Cheers 

Paul

Um! very tempting.   

I'm interested, the wife tells me to stop polishing them and start dring them, so  I'm 99% in,

And adding an extra day the 4th is a bonus.

I'll keep watching this space.

Cheers Warren

On 19/03/2018 at 10:14 AM, Peter M said:

Good work as always David!

For those north of Sydney, we are planning on a preliminary run on the 4 May that will end in Lithgow or thereabouts on Friday night ready for Caver's Mystery Jaunt the following morning.

Most likely we'll commence from the Hunter Expressway late morning and take either the Putty or Bylong Valley Way. Might even do some sort of cultural event on the way like last time where we all walked the abandoned Catalina Race Circuit.

So can the northerners also nominate who's up for the pre run run please?

Also suggestions for our cultural interlude otherwise I'll assume you'll trust my judgement!

Pete once we have some numbers for the 4th northerners group I can look at our Lithgow accommodation options, we already have our pub of choice. 

2 hours ago, Port 911 said:

Pete once we have some numbers for the 4th northerners group I can look at our Lithgow accommodation options, we already have our pub of choice. 

Pretty sure my accommodation will be closer;)

3 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

Pretty sure my accommodation will be closer;)

Was going to say, no need for a walking tour of Lithgow this time around, plus try to get real beds for everyone this time around. B) 

Stay right there

http://www.pubrooms.com.au/item/commercial-hotel-motel-lithgow-nsw/

I should be ok for it. As per normal I’ve got a lot on and 11ty things up in the air lol. 

Just getting ready to service the Lambo and we all know when I pull things apart things tend to, happen...

7 hours ago, PTINS said:

Which car Rick? 

My guess is that it is Weather dependant,

cold = something water cooled,

really hot = water cooled with AC,

intermediate= air cooled

• 2 weeks later...

4 weeks and counting down guys, are we going to start looking at accommodation options, think some of us will need to book two different places for the over night stays.

Friday night Lithgow and still waiting for Saturday night location confirmation.

Hi Rick...you beat me to it!

I am doing a final reconnaissance drive this coming weekend, which includes checking out the proposed accommodation for Saturday night.  I will send a personal message to each of you next week with full details so that you can make your own bookings.

Those who have indicated their interest are:

• TINGY944
  • UNCLE
  • STEVEF - Sunday Only
  • PETERM
  • OZ930
  • TK111 - Unable to attend
  • PTINS
  • WB997.2GTS
  • PORT911
  • SCOTT996
  • TARGA GEORGE
  • UNCLE'S JAG MATE

Please let me know if you are no longer able to attend this event.

Regards

David.

10 minutes ago, Uncle said:

I’ve got a mate keen to tag along also. Drives newish Jag not a d!(head etc.

Does this mean that I've lost my room mate?

10 hours ago, Caver said:

Hi Rick...you beat me to it!

I am doing a final reconnaissance drive this coming weekend, which includes checking out the proposed accommodation for Saturday night.  I will send a personal message to each of you next week with full details so that you can make your own bookings.

Those who have indicated their interest are:

• TINGY944
  • UNCLE
  • STEVEF
  • PETERM
  • OZ930
  • TK111
  • PTINS
  • WB997.2GTS
  • PORT911

Please let me know if you are no longer able to attend this event.

Regards

David.

Sorry mate , always keen for your drives.

Gents, I’m partially out. My youngest son has just started learning bass guitar and has his first concert on Saturday afternoon so I don’t want to miss that. I am still keen to meet you all for brekkie on the Sunday and a drive if that is the plan before everyone heads off home.

Archived