Camping trip is over, I'm going Touring. Spyder FOR SALE ***SOLD***

SOLD

About a year ago I put my name down in the GT car lottery with my local dealer and f&*k me if my numbers didn't come up!

So whilst I'm beside myself with my first brand new Porsche arriving in around 3 months, I have to let go a car that I'm 99% sure I'll regret in a couple of years time. The Spyder is an amazing car, however with a two car limit and given the 964 stays forever, the Spyder will be going to a lucky new owner. Ad is drafted but I just haven't been able to post it up on carsales yet, likely I will in a couple of days... unless I can find some very cheap storage.

o6cxn5q1aas4x0j397qt2.jpg?height=700&asp

mun4f7cr7mhh8il6a8epg.jpg?height=700&asp

2e08fh8bgq351e9gl7txi.jpg?height=700&asp

3lwema384sohhh8674u1l.jpg?height=700&asp

1 hour ago, MARTY said:

Your car looks fantastic mate I'm sure that will sell real easy,will the new one be black?

Yep, colour was the easiest decision. Wading through the other remaining options though... 

For anyone thinking of pitching a tent...here's what Jerry Seinfeld has to say about them:

"I adore the Boxster Spyder, it's in some ways the perfect little brother to the 918, in some ways obviously easier to deal with, it's just a Boxster, but the lightness, the precision, the usability, the fun, sportscar-y, putting the top up and down a little bit manually, there's just no better car.  The Boxster Spyder...the greatest secret of the last 3 years in the Porsche community...that's the car YOU MISSED Porsche guys, you missed it."

You just read that in his voice didn't you?

Though I think he is referring more to the 981 than the 987...you get the drift.

Put that in your ad....if you still want to sell it.

55 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

For anyone thinking of pitching a tent...here's what Jerry Seinfeld has to say about them:

"I adore the Boxster Spyder, it's in some ways the perfect little brother to the 918, in some ways obviously easier to deal with, it's just a Boxster, but the lightness, the precision, the usability, the fun, sportscar-y, putting the top up and down a little bit manually, there's just no better car.  The Boxster Spyder...the greatest secret of the last 3 years in the Porsche community...that's the car YOU MISSED Porsche guys, you missed it."

Though I think he is referring more to the 981 than the 987...

Put that in your ad....if you still want to sell it.

Thanks Trev, I think I read that on Rennlist recently too. Referring to 981, but there's also a video of him driving the 987 further down in the same thread. Good endorsement.

You're not making this decision any easier!

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-forum/1056037-jerry-seinfeld-s-take-on-his-981-spyder.html

59 minutes ago, edgy said:

I vote on cheap storage... I think you will regret it, not instantly... probably in 10 years or so... ?

Tell you what @itsujack ... At McRevs Automotive Concierge we have a current Easter special running. We can store your car for no charge for 10 years. We will also include monthly rotation and lubrication of all moving parts by means of driving the shit out of it for you, normally only available in our platinum package, but for PFA members you get this free too. 

Please don’t delay...our facility is filling fast and I’d hate for you to miss out on our Easter special. 

Should anyone else like to take advantage, this offer is extended to all Porsches for PFA members.

2 hours ago, edgy said:

I vote on cheap storage... I think you will regret it, not instantly... probably in 10 years or so... ?

Yep, 5-10 years I think too.

1 hour ago, TrevMcRev said:

Tell you what @itsujack ... At McRevs Automotive Concierge we have a current Easter special running. We can store your car for no charge for 10 years. We will also include monthly rotation and lubrication of all moving parts by means of driving the shit out of it for you, normally only available in our platinum package, but for PFA members you get this free too. 

Please don’t delay...our facility is filling fast and I’d hate for you to miss out on our Easter special. 

Should anyone else like to take advantage, this offer is extended to all Porsches for PFA members.

The generosity of members here continues to surprise me, very generous of you Trev :D

@itsujack Jad, your pictures look fantastic - possibly the best pictures ever taken of a 987 Spyder, they even beat the brochure pics. 

@TrevMcRev - if you really are a serious hairdresser come Boxster outlaw type you have a black and white Spyder on the market to choose from, possibly the best two Spyders in the Southern hemisphere; thats over 5% of the total delivery to Australia. Time to step up now or put down your curling wand and scissors.

3 hours ago, itsujack said:

Ad is up, one of three Spyders for sale, that's 10% of the total number delivered to OZ.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-Boxster-2010/SSE-AD-5357036/

Some more pics:

4rmk4qulysdoijueh3yvv.jpg?pxc_method=fit

This 3/4 shot from rear is stunning, and really shows the lines of the car well.... mate I don’t think you’ll struggle to sell it. 

2 minutes ago, edgy said:

This 3/4 shot from rear is stunning, and really shows the lines of the car well.... mate I don’t think you’ll struggle to sell it. 

I know that's my favourite angle too. Specifically asked Rob to shoot that one. Really unsure what the used market is doing at the moment, let's see, I figure I can always stash it somewhere for 10 years, then "barn find" it in 2028 ;)

Just now, itsujack said:

I know that's my favourite angle too. Specifically asked Rob to shoot that one. Really unsure what the used market is doing at the moment, let's see, I figure I can always stash it somewhere for 10 years, then "barn find" it in 2028 ;)

I may be able to help, just had my new barn pad poured last week, barn goes up soon. Of course your car would need to be exercised generously & often by me, a service I could provide free of charge ( has you car been to the Barossa? I’m planning atrip shortly). 

• 5 months later...

Spyder has finally sold! That's the longest I've had a car on the market (5 months). I thought the price was pretty fair, but maybe trying to sell a convertible over winter or just the slump in the market meant it took longer than I expected? It did sell for more than I paid two years ago, so who knows what's going on. I do have that slight - what have I done feeling now though...

In other news... I should have the BBI cup bypass install complete on the GT3 this weekend ?

1 hour ago, itsujack said:

Spyder has finally sold! That's the longest I've had a car on the market (5 months). I thought the price was pretty fair, but maybe trying to sell a convertible over winter or just the slump in the market meant it took longer than I expected? It did sell for more than I paid two years ago, so who knows what's going on. I do have that slight - what have I done feeling now though...

In other news... I should have the BBI cup bypass install complete on the GT3 this weekend ?

Well done with the final sale car presented unbelievably  well looks like someone got a great car.

Archived