Luddenham Raceway

LeeM

Its been used primarily for Karting and bikes from my understanding not sure why its not being used more by car clubs ,,,,,been out there to have a look and its a great little track ..

7 minutes ago, Raven said:

Its been used primarily for Karting and bikes from my understanding not sure why its not being used more by car clubs ,,,,,been out there to have a look and its a great little track ..

I think insurance is an issue as they don't have any CAMS/AASA affililiation.

Looks like an awesome track though.

I would say your right about that ,,,kinda a shame would be nice to have another circuit on the State rounds ,,,currently it is a little short on facilities but I am certain in time more will come ...  

Who know what the future is for the Luddenham track it may take the place Wakefield Park ,,,,,,,currently Wakefield park is under attack by a council group who want to shut it down and seem to be getting up to every dirty trick you can think of to do so ......

I can't see Luddenham getting any bigger either as Badgery's creek airport goes in more housing developments are being built there and they will complain... it is a vicious cycle.

Goulburn council has placed heavy restrictions on Wakefield Park ......full enforcement of noise and time limits even pressuring the local HWY Patrol to go after Racers towing trailers coming and going from the circuit on Braidwood Rd  ,,,,word is someone with a lot of money and council influence purchased one of the very large surrounding farms and now wants the track gone ,,,,,,They have a real fight on their hands and council not playing by the rules ...

That gives me the shits. People know the track is there, then have a sook about it AFTER they buy a house or whatever? We have a mushroom farm south of Adelaide thats been there for donkeys years, yet it didn't stop the new development residents petitioning to have it closed due to the occasional smell. It cost the owner lots of cash to reduce the smell which worked to a point, but they still whinge about it. They need to harden the .... up or buy somewhere else. 

How much revenue does Wakefield park generate for the local business owners? Bet they wouldn't be too happy with less revenue on race weekends, but that doesn't matter to these council wankers. 

People are shit ?

1 hour ago, Airhead said:

Not all of us. :(

On another note - how does he focus on what he's doing with that crappy toy his girlfriend gave him swinging from the mirror? :o

Thought exactly the same, what's that doing there on a track?

13 hours ago, LeeM said:

People are shit ?

And Lee, only half of people are shit! Nah not really, I think 10% are C%$#ts, 20% are pricks and 20% are ok at heart but under a lot of pressure 

8 minutes ago, firstone said:

We had a blue metal quarry closed here because ppl moved in nearby.

Now it's hauled another hour from Burleigh heads. Wasted recourse. 

10% ? Bankers and pollies would surely make up more then that. ?

Bankers and pollies are overly represented in my 10% of c%$#ts 

I am competing at Wakefield in a few weeks and no doubt will get an update on the situation ,,,,but things were not going to well for them late last year and they were forced to implement strict noise levels and timings eg No racing before 9am and after 4pm unless some sort of permits had been obtained for evening events etc    ,,,,,,the shitty thing is the track is some 15 minutes out of town an literally in the middle of now were you can look in any direction and find it hard to see any homes of even structures ,,,,As I said before some one with influence over the council is pushing his own agenda ,,,with complete disregard for the local community that benefits and depends on the track .... If you google the track you will see how isolated it is ,,,you really could not put it in a better spot ...

Well I have just got some more direct inside info about Luddenham and apparently it has just or is just about to open to the public for club level driving so that is awesome. Another track for Sydney.:CoolDance:

5 hours ago, MFX said:

Well I have just got some more direct inside info about Luddenham and apparently it has just or is just about to open to the public for club level driving so that is awesome. Another track for Sydney.:CoolDance:

Yep Ian Luffs team managing the circuit now.

check the website

Archived