Stolen 911SC Gauges

Aljames01

Hey all,

Asking for people to keep an eye out for some stolen 911SC gauges. My car was broken into last night in Rozelle, I had three gauges in the hood compartment for another project. Maybe the thieves are silly enough to advertise them for sale in the next couple of weeks.

Jono will recognize the photos.

They also stole the service history and books for my 3.2 Carrera from the glove box. I’m not sure what value this is to anyone but me. 

Thanks

Al

F2252A7B-BE58-4919-AFE8-92D7BA33ADB6.jpeg

A173B585-6C8E-48B4-8866-E05BF33D0E4F.jpeg

4C677C56-B92C-46E7-B799-13CD41008710.jpeg

3CC778BE-6B56-47FC-A25B-04AD102C0948.jpeg

06DE9E40-3783-4768-A37B-50E61017B123.jpeg

222064D2-0A44-4563-B623-9C714E1A5C48.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

That's terrible James, will keep a eye out on Scumtree, trading post Fleabay etc.... sounds vindictive by someone who knows what service/ owner books mean to a collector car...

Agree. My car was in a secure apartment garage, and they also stole many bikes, surfboards, tool kits, etc... so I wasn’t singled out. That’s why I find the service history theft a strange one. It has me pretty furious.

Al

4 minutes ago, Aljames01 said:

Agree. My car was in a secure apartment garage, and they also stole many bikes, surfboards, tool kits, etc... so I wasn’t singled out. That’s why I find the service history theft a strange one. It has me pretty furious.

Al

Absolutely livid! I'd really keep in contact with the police who handled it, sounds like the thieves are really active so sooner or later they'll get caught and some stuff will be recovered. Your books are  pretty much no use to anyone else and has a way better chance of being discovered than bikes etc

keep an eye on Facebook marketplace too - as I've found the people on there to be even dodgier than Scumtree.
Also try posting a wanted add on Gumtree - just a vague Porsche Parts /  Gauges wanted ad. Use your Melbourne details.

Probably worth checking local Cash Converters too. Effing junkies. :(

19 minutes ago, Aljames01 said:

Yes, my home address would have been on the more recent receipts. The car is in Sydney and my home address is Melbourne though.

That's good.

9 minutes ago, Aljames01 said:

Al

That sounds like somebody knew the place and we're organised.

Does the (not so) secure garage have CCTV? 

Are you on any of the Australian Porsche facebook pages?  Classic Porsche Australia, Pre 95 porsche buy/swap/sell australia are 2 that are quite active.  It would be worth posting on them.

2 hours ago, Stew F said:

Does the (not so) secure garage have CCTV? 

Are you on any of the Australian Porsche facebook pages?  Classic Porsche Australia, Pre 95 porsche buy/swap/sell australia are 2 that are quite active.  It would be worth posting on them.

I just signed up, I’ll take your suggestion Stew. 

Yes, there is a lot of CCTV in there. I can see about 5 cameras from where my car is parked. Hopefully this helps. 

2 hours ago, Aljames01 said:

I just signed up, I’ll take your suggestion Stew. 

Yes, there is a lot of CCTV in there. I can see about 5 cameras from where my car is parked. Hopefully this helps. 

Hey Al,

Some of us here and I administer the Classic Porsche Australia FB page and if you join and do a post, I'll pin it to the top of the announcements section. There are 700 Australian members in all states...So there might be a chance we hear of your stuff.

Regardless, we will monitor.

Good luck,

sal

• 2 months later...

Just an update;

Police executed a search warrant on a bloke last week. Got my Porsche charger and service history. Gauges gone, so they may still pop up somewhere.

Anyway, some good news;) 

6 hours ago, Aljames01 said:

Just an update;

Police executed a search warrant on a bloke last week. Got my Porsche charger and service history. Gauges gone, so they may still pop up somewhere.

Anyway, some good news;) 

Fantastic news

Archived