WTB; Show me your T's

acf321

Hi, 

I'm brand new to this forum, albeit have owned several early 911's and am now on the hunt for an early 911T (pref 72, but will consider any T).  

Please contact me if you either have a 911T for sale, may be considering selling, or know of any that could come up. Looking to sell my 914/6 GT 3.2 also, if a trade is of interest.

Genuine buyer / Sydney located but will travel for the right car. 

Rgds, 

Acf321

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

I've a got a few photos of the Richmond's 69 if you need them. Love that car

Me 2 .. I need entertainment and to get educated

26 minutes ago, acf321 said:

Thanks Lee, I'd really appreciate that. You should be able to send to my email (i think?).

Best regards,

Adam

Send me a text and I'll forward them on Adam (easier than emailing from my phone)

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

I've a got a few photos of the Richmond's 69 if you need them. Love that car

Why hasn’t that car sold? It’s gorgeous. 

Is left to right it’s only sin?

10 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Why hasn’t that car sold? It’s gorgeous. 

Is left to right it’s only sin?

As far as I'm aware, thats all it could be. Maybe the price is scaring people off with the converted thing. A smiliar Oz delivered car would be a helluva lot more

Thanks guys (and maybe girls), really appreciate all this assistance early on. 

Re the 914/6 GT, it's being painted at the moment so I can't post pictures, but this is roughly it. I will flesh this out and put it on the F/S section when I have the car back in coming weeks.

RHD 914, fresh & unstressed 3.2 motor (only two older gentlemen), 915, 16*6 & 16*7 Fuchs (930 rims) new rubber, OEM steel guards (factory sourced), Carrera brakes, stainless exhaust, GT Silver & black paint as per factory 914/6GT's in the day. It's a real stand-out, and was not cheaply or poorly built.

Regards, 

Adam

1 hour ago, acf321 said:

RHD 914, fresh & unstressed 3.2 motor (only two older gentlemen), 915, 16*6 & 16*7 Fuchs (930 rims) new rubber, OEM steel guards (factory sourced), Carrera brakes, stainless exhaust, GT Silver & black paint as per factory 914/6GT's in the day. It's a real stand-out, and was not cheaply or poorly built.

Drool.....

1 hour ago, acf321 said:

Thanks guys (and maybe girls), really appreciate all this assistance early on. 

Re the 914/6 GT, it's being painted at the moment so I can't post pictures, but this is roughly it. I will flesh this out and put it on the F/S section when I have the car back in coming weeks.

Regards, 

Adam

Has it been on the market previously? There was one that sounds very similar for sale in NSW maybe a year or so ago?

I bought this car in Victoria in early 2015, and i'm not sure of any others since then as i've not been looking at the classifieds. The car was built in Sydney originally. 

15 minutes ago, LeeM said:

That 914-6 sounds like a load of fun! Hmmmm, wonder if it will qualify for Group S racing? ?

Nope. A stock fendered original 914:6 does if still 2 litre. You can also run a 914:4 at stock capacity. 

23 hours ago, LeeM said:

As far as I'm aware, thats all it could be. Maybe the price is scaring people off with the converted thing. A smiliar Oz delivered car would be a helluva lot more

agree.  This is an amazing looking car and if mechanically in great nick then aside from re-sale value (perceived value) due to RHD conversion stigma then I am also curious as to why it has not sold yet.  Has anybody taken it for a test drive and checked out the service history ?

28 minutes ago, Thommo66 said:

Has anybody taken it for a test drive and checked out the service history ?

No, yet I'm happy to put my hand up for it ?

On 5/2/2018 at 12:53 PM, Andy73 said:

G'day acf321 - welcome to the forum.

Assume you've seen this on Carsales...

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1973/SSE-AD-5342218/?Cr=0

Wants some love and I don't know if you're after aussie delivered etc.

Ummmm I'm definitely not convinced this is a T, so very confidently passed on it, despite having interest given the advertisement. 

I just read the engineers certificate who converted it in 1990, and on multiple occasions he is citing the car as a 1979 SC, with matching VIN number to go. I also note other tell-tale signs indicating it is not a 1973T.

17 minutes ago, acf321 said:

Ummmm I'm definitely not convinced this is a T, so very confidently passed on it, despite having interest given the advertisement. 

I just read the engineers certificate who converted it in 1990, and on multiple occasions he is citing the car as a 1979 SC, with matching VIN number to go. I also note other tell-tale signs indicating it is not a 1973T.

Well if it's not a T, it's not a T!

Thought that Richmonds one had sold - LOVE that car!

Archived