Datsun 1600 Appreciation Thread

My first car was also a 1600. 

I don't think I miss it as much as you blokes. It was slow, it was noisy, but most of all it rusted away in every panel so for the money now being asked, I would get a S2000 which is probably the car I miss the mostest. And it is cheaper than the Datto.

7 hours ago, DJM said:

Looks neat as 👌🏻

have you seen these on FB?  The orange one is very neat albeit LHD and asking $75k!  I know for a fact he wants $65k but too much for that car IMO.  I often toy with the idea of buying one for nostalgic reasons (my first car was also a 1600), but I fear the drive will be very underwhelming 35 years later.

IMG_1582.png

IMG_1583.png

The orange car is a 2 door sedan making it worth way more. 75k is not far off reality. 
A bargain at 65k. 

7 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Ok Datto experts, give me your view on this.  My first car was a 1600 and I’m very tempted to throw a bid or two.

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=42188&lid=4326773&pgn=2&pgs=100

I love it. Lots of nice JDM details separating it from your standard Aussie delivered models. Delux interior door cards and those “Mexican” taillights and garnish are beautiful… and worth well over 3k alone. 

I have a few sets of those taillights, but without the centre garnish unfortunately. 

I’m guessing it’s going to go for mid 40s.