Ring Wars Continue

Hey, let's put a professional driver in a car that has bits on it that the public can't have, go really fast around a track to show our d..k swings better than anyone elses ?

And how many Huracan owners are going to venture away from cruising the cafe hot spots into into the hills or a racetrack? Not many I guess, though it will be a conversation piece at Cars n Coffee meets to say 'I own the fastest car around the Ring' as they rev their engines and spill their soy lattes ?

Footnote. I've NEVER seen a Lamborghini in the Adelaide hills....EVER! 

Those ring lap times do sell cars believe it or not ,,,,,,,,,,and I have hear wankers who buy cars based on the 0-100 times ,,,top speed and ring lap times ,just so they can quote numbers in their social groups and talk then selves up ,completely irrelevant to the vast majority of average drivers but  some how these fools think they are capable of doing a sub 7 minute lap of the ring if they buy one of these cars ,,,,hard to believe but I do encounter this a lot ..

To be fair lads, this is progress. There are as a % as many lambo owners as Porsche owners who fit that category. We get lambo’s etc out at Porsche club track days and others and regularly see them up in the hills being used. Last time I got pulled over going up to Mount Glorious the cop let me off to go and chase a Ferrari that flew past us. Then you get the opposite.

I have been out at track days and asked the late model guys to turn off all the electronics- none of them will.

I love the analog dark side, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea / latte

Oh I get the progress thing for sure, as it's how cars improve, though as you say, switch off the driver aids and see how good you are. I used to see it all the time with people who bought the latest and greatest 1000cc Superbikes only to get their arse whipped in the hills by an old 80's twin shock 1200 Harley cruiser ? 

I just find it amusing that people think they can do what professional drivers can do, yet the only driving they do is roll up to a Cars n Coffee meet on a sunny day in their LamboFerrari911Audi ?

34 minutes ago, Jason A said:

I have been out at track days and asked the late model guys to turn off all the electronics- none of them will.

Probably the only reason our nannys will let us have even 200KW cars is the “electronics” and that powerful cars are not over represented in the crash statistics. 

Imagine the scare mongering if we had cars of 300KW plus with no electronics in the hands of joe average. 

4 minutes ago, LeeM said:

, yet the only driving they do is roll up to a Cars n Coffee meet on a sunny day in their LamboFerrari911Audi 

And nobody pays any attention to the other guys ride at a cars and coffee?

Last week end I was at the 5th round of the NSW supersprint championships at SMSP South ,I am a regular competitor and been involved in Sprinting for over 20 years .........generally at each meeting we will have around a dozen none competitors who just come along to try their hand at some sprint events and see if they want to in future become part of the series ..good way for people see if they like it before they commit to a series ..

We had two you men show up early 20,s in a Evo 10 with all the go fast bits and a load of cash spent on the car boasting 500bhp figures and talking them selves up about how they blow every thing away with this car   ,,,Both had brand new Alpine star driving suits and all the gear to go with them and the  car ,,,they certainly had the look like a pro image down ...

Two laps into their first sprint and the RED FLAG goes out ,,,,safety safari deploy and the talk is heavy crash at top end of the circuit ...

About ten minutes later the ambulance takes the driver down to the medicals center for mandatory medical assessment followed by the EVO on the tilt tray with heavy damage to the rear end  ,,,,recovery guys said it looked as if it was  a big tank slapper on cold tires and into a concrete barrier backwards  ...

Fortunately the young man was OK and only suffered a damaged car and bruised ego ..

Before any new comers go out on the track the race stewards give them some sighting laps and council them about taking it easy and not going like a bull at a gate until they lean the track and find a comfortable pace or groove to run at their goal is to allow them to enjoy them selves not get hurt and go home with big smile ,,,straight cars ...And hopefully come back and join the series ..

Clearly this guy didn,t feel a  need to listen to the Stewards  .:rolleyes:...........After all they are  just a bunch of old farts who have only been around motorsport for the past 40 years what would they know ......... :Chuckle2:

50 minutes ago, Raven said:

We had two you men show up early 20,s in a Evo 10 with all the go fast bits and a load of cash spent on the car boasting 500bhp figures and talking them selves up about how they blow every thing away with this car   ,,,Both had brand new Alpine star driving suits and all the gear to go with them and the  car ,,,they certainly had the look like a pro image down ...

Two laps into their first sprint and the RED FLAG goes out ,,,,safety safari deploy and the talk is heavy crash at top end of the circuit ...

Clearly this guy didn,t feel a  need to listen to the Stewards  .:rolleyes:...........After all they are  just a bunch of old farts who have only been around motorsport for the past 40 years what would they know ......... :Chuckle2:

In Skiing we say "all the gear - but no idea!"

43 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

In Skiing we say "all the gear - but no idea!"

Same saying with Bikes. I've seen many owners of new and expensive bikes and promptly smashed them to bits in the hills or track on an old twin shock bike from the 80's! ? Their excuses are usually 'I had my steering dampener too tight/not enough front tyre pressure/I thought I'd let you go' etc ? Righto champ, you keep your prissy leathers for the cafe runs then! ?

On 8/25/2018 at 11:47 AM, Raven said:

Last week end I was at the 5th round of the NSW supersprint championships at SMSP South ,I am a regular competitor and been involved in Sprinting for over 20 years .........generally at each meeting we will have around a dozen none competitors who just come along to try their hand at some sprint events and see if they want to in future become part of the series ..good way for people see if they like it before they commit to a series ..

About ten minutes later the ambulance takes the driver down to the medicals center for mandatory medical assessment followed by the EVO on the tilt tray with heavy damage to the rear end  ,,,,recovery guys said it looked as if it was  a big tank slapper on cold tires and into a concrete barrier backwards  ...

Fortunately the young man was OK and only suffered a damaged car and bruised ego ..

Before any new comers go out on the track the race stewards give them some sighting laps and council them about taking it easy and not going like a bull at a gate until they lean the track and find a comfortable pace or groove to run at their goal is to allow them to enjoy them selves not get hurt and go home with big smile ,,,straight cars ...And hopefully come back and join the series ..

Not just young guys who can act like fools at track days. On occasion I've had sprint days where some old guys start swerving about and driving erratically trying to stop me from overtaking because they just can't believe this young whipper snapper in his street car is quicker than them in their expensive race car. :D

At the end of the day as long as no one gets hurt or bins their car it's all good fun though, no matter the experience level or type of car.

30 minutes ago, Timm said:

Not just young guys who can act like fools at track days. On occasion I've had sprint days where some old guys start swerving about and driving erratically trying to stop me from overtaking because they just can't believe this young whipper snapper in his street car is quicker than them in their expensive race car. :D

At the end of the day as long as no one gets hurt or bins their car it's all good fun though, no matter the experience level or type of car.

Yes we certainly get that also ,,,,some people can,nt distinguish the difference between sprinting and racing  :Chuckle2: 

Like you said at the end of day we all want to have fun ,,, go home safe and with straight cars but some people just don,t get it ...

2 hours ago, AD911S said:

You need to get out more     37585446_856941021162362_839038031825469

I think being out nearly every weekend for 18 months is sufficient enough to spot a Lambo or 2. Or maybe I'm not cruising the freeways and cafe's enough ?

In all fairness, watching both laps, the SVJ seems a lot more composed, besides a bit of a hairy moment under brakes in one of the final corners before the big straight, than the GT2. I wonder what Porsche has in the wings to step up again?

edit. Maybe composed is the wrong word, more he didn't look like he needed to push as hard to get the time.

Archived