Error Message

Doish, it's been happening for about a week and a half. Seems that they're experiencing some space issues. I reported it to Kerry a few days ago and he's raised a 'ticket' with the ISP who hosts the Forum.

Hey All,

Yes, sorry for the annoyance factor, I'm still trying to track down the exact problem as it is intermittent and seems to reset itself at the top of the hour. Forum host company have made suggestions as to forum access economies (!??) that I might need to reassess, but I am still trying to find the answer.

Kerry

Hey All,

Yes, sorry for the annoyance factor, I'm still trying to track down the exact problem as it is intermittent and seems to reset itself at the top of the hour. Forum host company have made suggestions as to forum access economies (!??) that I might need to reassess, but I am still trying to find the answer.

Kerry

Is that them nicely saying you need to buy more bandwidth? :)

Yeah maybe, but in the discussions so far they haven't actually suggested that. Our usage hasn't actually been that high lately and the plan we have should be able to deal with it.

I have a boffin looking into it and as soon as I know anything... ;)

Kerry

Thanks Kerry & Mods for looking into it - I thought my wife had worked out a way to block the site on my Ipad.

(Just got my iBad yesterday, and I'm having fun already! Quite impressive tools).

Kerry

For those of you who are able to get through!!! Still no absolute remedy, the case continues....

I've spent 4 hours this afternoon/evening with my boffin and completed a range of changes. The last two things now need to be done by the forum host entity, and a ticket has been lodged and I await their response.

For what its worth, it would seem that we have had an infestation of "bots" planted in our system. The reason, we can only guess, to subvert is the most likely. From where they came, I do not know. My boffin has her nose to the ground!

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

I have no idea what you just said however this site on a iPad = antisocial behaviour with the family after dinner time I'm told.

What at first may seem anti social behaviour, will over time become the norm :D

PS Thks for your efforts Kerry

Ok, am I going to jinx myself, or is it fixed?!

Maybe so, so says InvisionPower anyway...

Damned bots!!!

Post away!

FYI: have restricted the amount that guests can search for, amongst other things. We have often many, many more guests than members online, and quite frankly if they want all the features they can join up!

All seems good now.

I was surprised of the flexibility the forum offered when I first started looking as a guest. Most forums are a lot tighter which is not a bad thing.

still happening at this end unfortunately......

Don't want to pry Kerry but it sound like the site has a virus or malware on its server. I would be going after the hosting company if that is the case, unless you have your own server and you maintain the a/v component. If its just a hosted website then it would be their responsibility. If I am off the mark tell me to bugger off :)

Sounds like a resource issue to me.

Its limiting/denying access due to traffic.

Is it at all possible somebody has been attacking the server for political reasons? :rolleyes:

Totally agree. If there is malware on the server though that is consuming outbound traffic then the service provider will be restricting the sites bandwidth access. It wont differentiate between malware traffic or web traffic.

Oh and I wasnt able to access the site at 2:15PM again

Archived