I took the photo you pillock.  The car was parked up and I popped out of the car to take the photo.  The lights you can see are the rear tail lights as I had them switched on.

I can tell you it was that very moment, as I walked back to the car after taking this particular picture, that I really fell in love with the rear of the car.  The light and angle was spot on, and I saw the true beauty of the hips.

I've just given it a little bath at the local DIY washer and 3 people came up at different times to chat about this car. They all looked at it, were curious about it, and really liked it. So there.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pillock! .... really?? ... you know how to hurt a dudes feelings, don't you!!

You've misinterpreted their reasons for coming up to chat about your car ... they were wondering what sort of Japanese model it was .. and the reason they were shaking their heads as they walked away is that they were disappointed that it was German and couldn't believe the past mistakes of Porsche making a model like the 968 ... So there!!

I had to peel off early after the coffee stop but that was still a great little morning drive. Nice to meet a few more people from here.

Thanks for organising @Tips 👍

Great turn out and fantastic to see some old and new PFA crew on the run. We need to make this happen more often!!! Just listening to Ronnie and Andrew banter all morning was worth getting out of bed so early!!!

loved the first run in the SC and chasing that very nice (and loud) 997 Turbo through the putty road was a treat. Appreciate all the great feedback on the car, it’s a keeper.

I have some shots but it’s not letting me load, will try later

2 hours ago, Dreamr said:

... they were wondering what sort of Japanese model it was .. and the reason they were shaking their heads as they walked away is that they were disappointed that it was German ....

You could be right there.

Yeah, sure thing.... like you'd ever be right 😂

And @tips. No extra charge for the entertainment.

I had a great time today.  The driving was perhaps a little too spirited at times but thoroughly enjoyed.  I even enjoyed the time stopped in Windsor having an hour plus long chat with Mr n Mrs Dreamr while taking them through my local shopping and eating precinct.

16 minutes ago, jakroo said:

You could be right there.

Yeah, sure thing.... like you'd ever be right 😂

And @tips. No extra charge for the entertainment.

I had a great time today.  The driving was perhaps a little too spirited at times but thoroughly enjoyed.  I even enjoyed the time stopped in Windsor having an hour plus long chat with Mr n Mrs Dreamr while taking them through my local shopping and eating precinct.

As fragile as things are between us right now, we too enjoyed the trip through your hood ...

@Tips ... that car definitely is a keeper. It's beautiful even if it is the wrong colour .. please keep us posted of any future runs. While I have to agree with "he that shall not be named" above about it being a bit too spirited, the company was great and it was good to meet up with some old and new friends ... 

3 hours ago, jakroo said:

The light and angle was spot on, and I saw the true beauty of the hips.

Are we still talking about your car mate or have we moved on...? 😁

34 minutes ago, Tips said:

Great turn out and fantastic to see some old and new PFA crew on the run. We need to make this happen more often!!! Just listening to Ronnie and Andrew banter all morning was worth getting out of bed so early!!!

loved the first run in the SC and chasing that very nice (and loud) 997 Turbo through the putty road was a treat. Appreciate all the great feedback on the car, it’s a keeper.

I have some shots but it’s not letting me load, will try later

Great to see everyone albeit briefly this morning. Definitely need more of these and hopefully free for the longer run next time. Thanks for organising Mr Tips!

I took the early exit home and had the pleasure of experiencing @JonoF's new zorst at full shove and  f*#k me my right ear is still ringing. Either jono or @OBRUT owe me an ear operation 😤 But I am happy to no longer be the noisiest motorist in Paddo at 6am most Sunday morning.

2 minutes ago, itsujack said:

had the pleasure of experiencing @JonoF's new zorst at full shove and  f*#k me my right ear is still ringing.

Yep jokingly put my hand to the ear on the M1 and @JonoF gave it a blast, faaaark it sounds good, even accelerating at 110kmh, glad he’s not my neighbour though 😏

8 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

.. that car definitely is a keeper. It's beautiful even if it is the wrong colour .. please keep us posted of any future runs.

Thanks Ronnie will do and glad to see the mrs along for the run.

30 minutes ago, jakroo said:

The driving was perhaps a little too spirited at times 

Nah I was doing the speed limit when we went past that BMW with mr Plod driving, wasn’t me he pointed the slow down finger at 😇 

chasing that 997 turbo was fun though 😁😏

41 minutes ago, base said:

Great drive this morning. Thanks everyone. Can’t think of a better way to pop the cherry on my Boxster. 

842DB463-EADF-4901-8442-1FC632CEA350.jpeg

Was good to meet you today ... it was fun driving on the way back ... I can confirm that driving behind you, your rear end looked good ...

Don't stress too much, I'm a happily married man! ... :Chuckle2:

I had a good day, it was great to meet a few more people off this this forum, although it was just a shame we didn't have a bit more time to chat.

Well done @Tips bringing people together to have a drive and you really should join Caver's run at the end of June, you would love it.

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

The driving was perhaps a little too spirited at times but thoroughly enjoyed. 

Well i do remember a black car doing warp speed past some old red clunker at one stage!!!

1 hour ago, Tips said:

Nah I was doing the speed limit when we went past that BMW with mr Plod driving, wasn’t me he pointed the slow down finger at 😇 

I was very paranoid on the run home and i did pass him again.:ph34r: 

1 hour ago, itsujack said:

Great to see everyone albeit briefly this morning. Definitely need more of these and hopefully free for the longer run next time. Thanks for organising Mr Tips!

I took the early exit home and had the pleasure of experiencing @JonoF's new zorst at full shove and  f*#k me my right ear is still ringing. Either jono or @OBRUT owe me an ear operation 😤 But I am happy to no longer be the noisiest motorist in Paddo at 6am most Sunday morning.

I was never silly enough to actually install it on a car!

35 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

Well i do remember a black car doing warp speed past some old red clunker at one stage!!!

Hey! .... it's not that it's some old red clunker ... it's a combination of the wife in the passenger seat and me needing to keep my licence driving trucks ...

I could have taken him, you know!! ... :ph34r:

Yes Jad, still on about the car!  But having said that, I do get a little preoccupied with the human form from time to time but I was in the car alone so this time it was the car 😍

And Stephen, It was well below warp 5.  Mind you, I was in third gear and had it pinned....didn't really look at the speedo until well past him but once I did sneak a glance, I had the presence of mind to remove my foot from the throttle for a long while the vehicle returned to something akin to the speed limit....ooops.

I also recall you sitting well up in to my wake from time to time as well while we were being held up by Ronny LOL

1 hour ago, TINGY996 said:

I was very paranoid on the run home and i did pass him again.:ph34r: 

When I got to Colo, parked on the apron of the local bushfire station was a marked car, bike and another BMW 5 series all having a smoko break.  Worth noting next time, that they appear to be running a couple of grey unmarked 5 series along that stretch.

44 minutes ago, Tips said:

When I got to Colo, parked on the apron of the local bushfire station was a marked car, bike and another BMW 5 series all having a smoko break.  Worth noting next time, that they appear to be running a couple of grey unmarked 5 series along that stretch.

We saw them there too ... as we went passed I saw him get on the handheld ... I thought they might be radioing ahead that we were coming ... definitely stayed on the limit till Windsor ...

2 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Was good to meet you today ... it was fun driving on the way back ... I can confirm that driving behind you, your rear end looked good ...

Don't stress too much, I'm a happily married man! ... :Chuckle2:

Aww that’s the nicest thing another man has said about my arse. 

4 minutes ago, base said:

Aww that’s the nicest thing another man has said about my arse. 

Hang around this forum long enough and you'll quickly realise that I'm tame in comparison ... :Chuckle2:

On 26/05/2019 at 18:16, itsujack said:

I was wondering why you were legging it to get in front of me with the GT3... 

And yes, I think we should all blame Ryan. He should have known better to sell the zorst to a young hooligan like me. Shame on him. 

On 26/05/2019 at 18:21, Tips said:

Yep jokingly put my hand to the ear on the M1 and @JonoF gave it a blast, faaaark it sounds good, even accelerating at 110kmh, glad he’s not my neighbour though 😏

The greater population of Paddington was not appreciative of me on Sunday morning. I received a little note from my very snooty Neighbours on the corner officially noting their disapproval. Needless to say, the following day, I moved my motorbike trailer into the all day park right outside their front door...

On 26/05/2019 at 14:27, donR said:

Yeah great turn out and good to see from the classic to the modern Porsches and even an Evo 9 and M3 to complete the bunch. Some good runs through the twisties as well. 

Here some photos I took. Tried to avoid number plates but let me know if anyone is concerned and I can delete their photo

Great snaps DonR thanks for posting. Sure glad u got the grill mesh on in time that’s a mighty fine GTS Cayman you have. Next run should be over 4,000 rpm 🤭

On 30/05/2019 at 21:36, Tips said:

Great snaps DonR thanks for posting. Sure glad u got the grill mesh on in time that’s a mighty fine GTS Cayman you have. Next run should be over 4,000 rpm 🤭

Thanks, really looking forward to reaching that 3000 km mark!

Archived