Hi all looking to do an early Sunday SMT on the 26th May. Thoughts are heading North West out to Wollombi then onto the Putty back through Wilberforce and Windsor back home.

Thought is to meet at the Turramurra  711 as per usual and take of around 6:45.onto the freeway.

We can pick up any Northerners on the way through Peats Ridge @Dreamr @TINGY996 be nice to see the 996 if you can break away from the sons Reno’s.

We can do a quick coffee stop and those that have the time and inclination can continue on to Putty. 

So far we have interest from @itsujack @JonoF and keen to add to the list with the usual suspects and newer members  @D2000 @daveyoul @Ourkind @edgy @OBRUT All welcome

Trip thoughts and more details to follow.

https://goo.gl/maps/Xv7bArEDmFqxxcLj9

Steven

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep I'm in.

For anyone in the East, we'll meet at 6am on Queen Street, Woollahra (outside Victor Churchills) and rendezvous with the rest in Turramurra at 6:45am.

Think it will be a two car run if I can get Penny out early in the GT3... she's made friends with it on our trip to Thredbo at Easter.

3 hours ago, Dreamr said:

@Tips ... Count me in at this stage ... I'll confirm closer to the date in case of any work commitments ... :D

That would be good Ronnie, we could park the two colour change SC’s together at some point Bamboo and Moca, now red over black and black over red 🤣😂

all my Colour change and dog dick interior comments I’ve made over the past few years have come back to haunt me in one purchase...😒

We could pick you up at Jerry’s on the way through to wollombi about 7:30, see a sleep in😉

5 hours ago, Tips said:

all my Colour change and dog dick interior comments I’ve made over the past few years have come back to haunt me in one purchase...😒

Karma's a bitch!! ... :RockingDeath:

1 hour ago, daveyoul said:

Sounds good, will see if I can get there and confirm closer. 

Had a Wed morning run down to Wollembi last week which was brilliant!

Great Wednesday for some folk😉

see if we can convince @baseto bring his new boxrod out for its maiden PFA run.

56 minutes ago, JonoF said:

Count me in 

Awesome Jono.

so we have

@JonoF

@itsujack and possibly Penny

a couple of extra bods from eastern suburbs

@Dreamr and @daveyoul to confirm closer to the date

assuming @turboT is paying the LA tax back to the family over the next few weekends, understandably

plenty of time for fence sitters to lock in next week Because in @TINGY996 words

On 15/05/2019 at 10:38, TINGY996 said:

the Putty is awesome right now

You wouldn’t want to miss out 😉

I'm fairly new here and I've been wanting to link in with some Porsche guys in Sydney but last time I did Putty Rd I ended up with quite a lot of dints in my front radiators!

I have ordered some grill mesh to put in so as long as it arrives and can get it in on time I'll be there. I'm also still running in but what the heck. 

1 hour ago, donR said:

I'm fairly new here and I've been wanting to link in with some Porsche guys in Sydney but last time I did Putty Rd I ended up with quite a lot of dints in my front radiators!

I have ordered some grill mesh to put in so as long as it arrives and can get it in on time I'll be there. I'm also still running in but what the heck. 

What a way to run it in then!!

Don't need to ring it's neck ... a little spirited driving and a ton of socializing ... :D

11 hours ago, donR said:

Bring it we will be gentle with you😇

, it’s only the OTLW that throws stones at others and I don’t think Tom is on the run 🤣

Thanks guys I will try to make sure I get the grills on in time!

Though it is a real pain having to change by 4000 RPM all the time and coming from a manual I am still getting the hang of these paddles! 

All good I will be spirited but not crazy as it’s my first drive without PDK paddles and going back to old school stick, engine in the back and no power steering, just how I wanted it👍😍☝️

On 16/05/2019 at 22:04, Tips said:

You wouldn’t want to miss out 😉

Ok I should be in pending a part being delivered for a repair to the cooling system on my car, will meet at Jerry's Cafe.

44 minutes ago, jakroo said:

I'm a definite chance for this, though given where I am, I'd fang along Wisemans Ferry Rd to Spencer, Mangrove MTN and into Kulnura etc

Sounds good Andrew I hope @TINGY996will meet us at Jerry’s so should be there all things going to plan just before 7:30

ill do a timing and confirmation of cars on Friday

25 minutes ago, jakroo said:

I'm a definite chance for this, though given where I am, I'd fang along Wisemans Ferry Rd to Spencer, Mangrove MTN and into Kulnura etc

Just a couple of points mate ...

I don't see your name mentioned anywhere in this thread ... that pretty much means you are not invited.

Also, I seem to recall someone on here said any model of Porsche is welcome .... except 968's .. :RockingDeath:

See ya at Jerry's!!! ... :Beer:

Dreamr is it? Can't say I recognise the name as a friend of mine. #BFF (which in this case bastard friends forever).  Will you be bringing your 924 or your 911? Does not matter to me mate but reliability is important cos you'll be so far from home 🤣

Maybe you will see me there but it'll only be as I drive past your sorry arse on the way to see my real friends.  Those guys in the Lancers and Swifts from the 'hood.

Looking forward immensely to seeing the rest of the crew 😃

Reliability?? ... hope you don't get a rock in that radiator of yours .. we all know what that would cause .. another big bill .. air cooled all the way!!!

I also understand why it doesn't matter to you which car I bring ... it's always upsetting to know that whichever one it is you'll only be seeing the back of it ... :cool07:

Archived