Blaupunkt Bremen SQ R46

Merv

Stereos.  My car does not show which stereo was original to the car.  It has an early Alpine fitted. 

First question:  Which radio/stereos/models were fitted for Australia with cars that had the sound system option with amp (e.g., Eurovox as some suggest?)?

Second: I actually like this new retro Blaupunkt which has BT and streaming.  Is it available anywhere as yet? https://www.maxim.com/gear/blaupunkt-bremen-sqr-46-dab-2019-7

Being a later 80's model, my best educated guess would be a Eurovox unit ... a MCC-8280P with Porsche door flap

These were generally put in cars here from 1986 to the early 90's including the 944, 928, 911, 964 and I think even the 968 ...

They are very thin on the ground now due to most of them being trashed ...

There is always an exception to the rule though and sometimes there were different units fitted by dealers .. 😁

I like the look of the new Bremen too, considering it for my 964 (if I can import it).

n.b. for some unknown reason it supports Bluetooth calls but apparently not BT streaming. Why Blaupunkt would create a lovely looking, brand new car stereo and not have BT streaming is anyone's guess.

UPDATE: another PFA'r pointed out that the specs quote A2DP support, which means maybe BT streaming is supported. I have emailed the distributor to clarify.

Edited by twro
Updated

14 hours ago, autojack said:

I've had my eye on these Continental units as a modern stereo with a look that fits the older cars. http://www.soundlabsgroup.com.au/c/Continental-Car-Radio/

I picked up the 7412 last week for the SC. I’ll do the install next week and give a bit of a DIY guide and overview.

43 minutes ago, Tips said:

I picked up the 7412 last week for the SC. I’ll do the install next week and give a bit of a DIY guide and overview.

I just recently put one in my 930..the only "issue" that I came across was the "constant" and "ignition" power supply pins in the ISO harness/connector were reversed from the Blaupunkt one it replaced. It wasn't really a problem, as I checked the ISO harness pin locations before I installed it and switched them before connecting the Continental.

So far I am very happy with it.

18 hours ago, autojack said:

I've had my eye on these Continental units as a modern stereo with a look that fits the older cars. http://www.soundlabsgroup.com.au/c/Continental-Car-Radio/

They doo look very practical.  Right look and radio only with streaming.  Thanks Tips and Scott and Cafe-Racer for the photos.

On 28/07/2019 at 19:15, twro said:

UPDATE: another PFA'r pointed out that the specs quote A2DP support, which means maybe BT streaming is supported. I have emailed the distributor to clarify

The EU distributor replied and confirmed that the Bremen does have Bluetooth streaming. They are not in stock until August and it sounds like they should be able to ship to Australia.

Thanks PK. Bluetooth streaming and phone I assume?

Looks good value .  I like the mechless aspect.  Also old Blaupunkts are difficult to retrofit and cassette is useless.  

1 hour ago, RwGreeny said:

59284F3B-66AC-41AD-8211-470209AA63F6.jpeg

Yep that’s the look I’m after. Assume it fitted straight in? Did you run the mike up the a pillar?

I have to remove an aftermarket first, hope the wiring is not too butchered. If so I’ll take my time and start from scratch as I hate multiple grafts in electrical.

Looking good!  Less is more.  I do like a volume knob as well.A blue LED (above) would seem to match the fresh air slider on the right.   I will also need to uninstall a lot of wiring and start afresh.  Mine still has the Porsche-supplied amp in there so I might need to find a diagram of its connections as well.