first singer sells for $1.26M

turboT

Yeah, I dont get that at all.

It would be interesting to see how often all Singers are driven. I know Ed Lovett drives the hell out of his blue one (Monaco car possibly?), though I think he's been trying to sell that for a while now

49 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Why the hell would you buy this when you could just put your name down for a new one, and get the hypo Williams engine for slightly more money?

What is the wait these days? 4 years?

Kris Clewell was posing the same question on his podcast. I think you answered your own question. The wait is immense and, if you have the money, then you can justify the spend.

Also I think the Singer DLS is both limited in production numbers and quite possibly intended for a slightly different buyer. I think that car possibly competes more directly with something like a Ruf CTR.

1 hour ago, Andy73 said:

Also I think the Singer DLS is both limited in production numbers and quite possibly intended for a slightly different buyer

75/75 all pre sold

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

Why the hell would you buy this when you could just put your name down for a new one, and get the hypo Williams engine for slightly more money?

Easier I s'pose...and all the DLS' are spoken for. 

I know if I had the spare coin, I would just throw it at the owner and dont have to wait 3-4 years...would definitely change the colour of the rims though

Sorry - thinking like a 40 year old, and not a 60 year old. 4 years means very different things depending on what stage of life you're at.

Wasn't aware they are a limited run. No idea why they wouldn't just continue to offer it given the amount of money they must have spent developing it.

42 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Sorry - thinking like a 40 year old, and not a 60 year old. 4 years means very different things depending on what stage of life you're at.

Wasn't aware they are a limited run. No idea why they wouldn't just continue to offer it given the amount of money they must have spent developing it.

No need to apologise mate. I'm an impatient 53 year old, so even waiting a year would piss me off, as I want everything yesterday 😁 

Like Porsche with their limited run cars like the Sport Classic, GT2RS etc, exclusivity would be my guess. No doubt Singer make a shed load of cash as it is with their 'normal' cars, so I doubt it's a money driven excercise. Think I read that Rob Dickinson was flabbergasted they all sold so quickly, so maybe there will be more on offer due to 'overwhelming demand' 😁