[SOLD] FS or Trade: 2006 987 Boxster Manual

Now Sold

For sale or Trade - willing to part-trade with cash your way for a 996 Turbo manual, or 997 Turbo manual or PDK.

The perfect toy. Not for shrinking violets.  But if you are a shrinking violet, this is still the car for you - because beneath the unique Gulf wrap is Seal Grey duco which helped the car win its class at the 2018 Porsche Club Qld Concours. 

My beloved Gulf-liveried 987 Boxster is for sale so I can buy another wish list Porsche.  I will drop a few pics below and a link to IMGUR.  Further pics can be found by trawling my Instagram @flamingporsche 

This 2.7L manual 987 has been fastidiously maintained during my 2-year ownership, but has full service history showing it has been looked after by all custodians for its 13 year life.  Just over 93,500kms.

In addition to the routine maintenance items, I have made every effort to keep the car in top shelf condition.  Improvements and upgrades have included:

• replacing all worn/sticky radio and A/C knobs,
  • new brakes (discs, pads, fluids),
  • re-covering the steering wheel with perforated & smooth Nappa leather (with obligatory 12 o'clock stripe in yellow)
  • new tyres (2 sets - one on the OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT wheels, and the others on the original 18" rims"
  • OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT light weight rims in Orange
  • fully adjustable Gecko Street Spec coilovers
  • upgrading the door speakers with Alpine 3" high range and JL Audio 8" mid-bass speakers
  • Zunsport grills for the front airdams (currently in matte black plastidip, but originally stainless)
  • new battery

Receipts available for everything completed under my ownership.

2 keys, leather pouch and all original manuals / booklets.

The car has been used for weekend runs in the countryside and performed flawlessly on a 6000km round trip to Tassie and back.

Car is based in Ipswich, Qld 4305 and available for viewing / test drives.  Feel free to use my hoist to check anything out. Happy for any PPI.

Feel free to call and discuss on oh four two seven won three for 7 seventy

Asking $30,000 or near offer for PFA

9CeQFEm.jpg

0hOjs3P.jpg

od5JxmY.jpg

parGQMt.jpg

j85yxcb.jpg

P8A22cp.jpg

rR5Dmv6.jpg

DWWlWOL.jpg

3c35Kyq.jpg

Love the Gulf wrap!!  Looks to be a very fair price for the mileage and mods.  GLWS!!!

49 minutes ago, flamingporsche said:

Know where that last photo is, Waubs Bay at Bicheno, you must have  taken that on your Tassie trip!! :-) 

9 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Love the Gulf wrap!!  Looks to be a very fair price for the mileage and mods.  GLWS!!!

Know where that last photo is, Waubs Bay at Bicheno, you must have  taken that on your Tassie trip!! 🙂

Thanks! Yep, beautiful Bicheno.

16 hours ago, flamingporsche said:

Listing here before carsales.  Please feel free to share onwards.

The perfect toy. Not for shrinking violets.  But if you are a shrinking violet, this is still the car for you - because beneath the unique Gulf wrap is Seal Grey duco which helped the car win its class at the 2018 Porsche Club Qld Concours. 

My beloved Gulf-liveried 987 Boxster is for sale so I can buy another wish list Porsche.  I will drop a few pics below and a link to IMGUR.  Further pics can be found by trawling my Instagram @flamingporsche 

This 2.7L manual 987 has been fastidiously maintained during my 2-year ownership, but has full service history showing it has been looked after by all custodians for its 13 year life.  Just over 92,000kms.

In addition to the routine maintenance items, I have made every effort to keep the car in top shelf condition.  Improvements and upgrades have included:

• replacing all worn/sticky radio and A/C knobs,
  • new brakes (discs, pads, fluids),
  • re-covering the steering wheel with perforated & smooth Nappa leather (with obligatory 12 o'clock stripe in yellow)
  • new tyres (2 sets - one on the OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT wheels, and the others on the original 18" rims"
  • OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT light weight rims in Orange
  • fully adjustable Gecko Street Spec coilovers
  • upgrading the door speakers with Alpine 3" high range and JL Audio 8" mid-bass speakers
  • Zunsport grills for the front airdams (currently in matte black plastidip, but originally stainless)
  • new battery

Receipts available for everything completed under my ownership.

2 keys, leather pouch and all original manuals / booklets.

The car has been used for weekend runs in the countryside and performed flawlessly on a 6000km round trip to Tassie and back.

Car is based in Ipswich, Qld 4305 and available for viewing / test drives.  Feel free to use my hoist to check anything out. Happy for any PPI.

Feel free to call and discuss on oh four two seven won three for 7 seventy

Asking $35k

9CeQFEm.jpg

0hOjs3P.jpg

od5JxmY.jpg

parGQMt.jpg

j85yxcb.jpg

P8A22cp.jpg

rR5Dmv6.jpg

DWWlWOL.jpg

3c35Kyq.jpg

Side question. What do you think of the Gecko coliovers?

1 hour ago, reggiegums said:

Side question. What do you think of the Gecko coliovers?

They have been really good tbh. I haven’t done much playing with the settings because streetcar, but the lowering has improved stance and still flat on corners. The upside has been smaller diameter springs let me fit 295 rears 😁 with some camber adjustment

3 hours ago, flamingporsche said:

They have been really good tbh. I haven’t done much playing with the settings because streetcar, but the lowering has improved stance and still flat on corners. The upside has been smaller diameter springs let me fit 295 rears 😁 with some camber adjustment

Cheers. Was the ride very much stiffer than stock?

• 1 month later...

Bumping...

Starting to get serious with the sale.  As an update, I have had the front bar replaced (new bar, seal-grey paint and subsequently re-wrapped) following a very minor bump from a 4wd towball in a carpark (not my fault, and all sorted by Shannons).  No airbag deployment etc just enough pressure to do damage to the bar requiring replacement.

Will be posting onto Carsales within the week, so if you're even the slightest bit interested feel free to drop me a line to hear its history and ask away any questions you have.

The car has had some modest mods, and been maintained and upgraded to be in great condition.  I will throw a minor service into the deal as well :) 

Carsales ad is live.... https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2006-porsche-boxster-987-manual-my06/SSE-AD-6390342/?Cr=0

Please feel free to give me any feedback on the ad. Any improvements you reckon will make the sale more likely are appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 17:57, flamingporsche said:

Carsales ad is live.... https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2006-porsche-boxster-987-manual-my06/SSE-AD-6390342/?Cr=0

Please feel free to give me any feedback on the ad. Any improvements you reckon will make the sale more likely are appreciated.

I love a Gulf livery, but the honest truth is it’s limiting your market in my opinion.

It’s obviously a well looked after car, but you will be waiting a while for somebody looking for something like this.

I would remove the wrap and put the standard wheels back on.

GLWS and have a free bump.

@romeodelta thanks for the advice, and the BUMP.  It has certainly been a consideration whether to remove the wrap or not.  It's only been on CS for 2 weeks and had a gagillion views, 20 saves, but ZERO enquiries.  I will leave it as is for a little while before going down the path of "backdating" to original.

Luckily, I'm not in any rush to sell and am very busy with work etc so the urgency to unwrap is not there yet.  

I have had 1 serious enquiry through PClubQld but the lady was hesitant about using a soft top on the track (she currently uses a Macan).  Then this week she went and bought a demo 718 Cayman in powder blue 🙄

• 2 weeks later...