Joined the family

Hey all,

Long time casual reader, first time poster.

Just acquired a nice 2004 Porsche 996 Coupe from the old-man; got it for $30k, which I know is a bargain - and seems like there are only 3 996's on car sales at the moment.

Does need some work though; needs a new aircon (shudder - apparently PCB broke it when fixing something and refused to repair) as well as some minor body scratches and dings - all in all, around $3k work.

Just thought I'd say hi, gloat a bit, and continue to post more!

thanks PFA,

Jordan 

15 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

So that makes it worth $33k? Would be the cheapest 996.2 around for a while i reckon.

Well done you lucky man, that was very generous of your dad or maybe he has $20k worth of deferred maintenance he hasn't told you about:o

Seriously mate enjoy it they are great cars.

Thanks- yeah I’m very lucky with that price.

It’s always been serviced at PCM/PCB so I should be okay (but who knows). Been given advice from business partner to not service it there any more; he’s a Ferrari guy, but says its a waste of money on cars older than 10 years.

Thanks for the welcome!

10 hours ago, jordan said:

Thanks- yeah I’m very lucky with that price.

It’s always been serviced at PCM/PCB so I should be okay (but who knows). Been given advice from business partner to not service it there any more; he’s a Ferrari guy, but says its a waste of money on cars older than 10 years.

Thanks for the welcome!

Jordan, welcome!!

In Melburg you've got a couple of well respected servicing alternatives to choose from, personally I'd suggest you give @Dave Brennana try, he'll come to you!!

I reckon those 5 spoke BBS wheels are about the best option for a 996, that's what I've got on mine.  Really easy to give the wheel rim behind a proper clean 🙂 

15 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Jordan, welcome!!

In Melburg you've got a couple of well respected servicing alternatives to choose from, personally I'd suggest you give @Dave Brennana try, he'll come to you!!

I reckon those 5 spoke BBS wheels are about the best option for a 996, that's what I've got on mine.  Really easy to give the wheel rim behind a proper clean 🙂 

Yeah needs a good cut and polish. Have to get some panels fixed, so will wait until I do that!

On 07/09/2019 at 18:46, TwoHeadsTas said:

Jordan, welcome!!

Thanks THT,

I'll see who my business partner recommends, and then go from there. If no luck/not happy, @Dave Brennan expect a DM - oh and just saw you come to me! Would you come to Hampton/ what's the process there in terms of space - we have limited space...

• 6 months later...

My car copped a rather big ding a few weeks ago - so this is just a shout out to Charlie Battisti for doing a really good job repairing the car. It was a covered-by-insurance job, but the final product and the care taken, from what I can see, has been very very good.

Now, she looks like new!

P/s - one quick question - my cabin is ALWAYS hot... do you think it is as simple that my windows aren’t UV coated/tinted, or am I missing something?

HOPE EVERYONE IS STAYING SAFE!